Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I haven't been able to read through the entire manual yet... but through scanning I haven't been able to find a few answers... so I figured I'd start a post for anyone that has questions that they can't find answers to...

A few questions from me:

InTouch:

When you start your car, you're taken to the "home screen" with various icons... Is there a way to have this default to the music/audio screen each time?

Driving Mode:

When you start the car, the driving mode defaults to "Standard." Is there any way to have the mode default to "Sport" or "Personal?" My previous car did this by recognizing the smartkey settings... I haven't been able to get the Q60 to do this.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
The Driving Mode question is legit as ****!!! I love my personal setting but having to tap the flipper every time I start it up sucks. I believe the answer is no but like you, I haven't memorized the manual yet.

One thing I will reiterate is that the wipers are recessed under the hood, and to get them to the upright position to clean/change them you have to press the wiper lever up twice with the iginition off. It's in the manual but you it takes you on a bit of a journey to find the answer (Infiniti doesn't know how to reference worth at ****).

·
Registered
95 Posts
The Driving Mode question is legit as ****!!! I love my personal setting but having to tap the flipper every time I start it up sucks. I believe the answer is no but like you, I haven't memorized the manual yet.

One thing I will reiterate is that the wipers are recessed under the hood, and to get them to the upright position to clean/change them you have to press the wiper lever up twice with the iginition off. It's in the manual but you it takes you on a bit of a journey to find the answer (Infiniti doesn't know how to reference worth at ****).

The manual states that each time the car is started it will default to Standard and that is what have experienced. A minor annoyance but very silly in my opinion.

The S4 just I came out of for the RS stayed in Sport Mode the whole 4 years I had it :)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The manual states that each time the car is started it will default to Standard and that is what have experienced.
Aw man, I was afraid that would be the case. Thank you.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh my, I would have missed this one... and I was wondering about this the other day when I was washing my Q60... couldn't get the wipers up to clean under them. Thanks!... .that'll be good to know for this winter for anyone who has to deal with ice.

·
Registered
2020 Q60 Red Sport AWD
19 Posts
I just picked up a RS AWD w/premium package this week but haven't been able to find the Bose CenterPoint or Speed Sensitive Volume options in any menu, nor confirm what packages they do/don't come with.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just picked up a RS AWD w/premium package this week but haven't been able to find the Bose CenterPoint or Speed Sensitive Volume options in any menu, nor confirm what packages they do/don't come with.

Any thoughts?

Not in my car right now but I'm pretty sure the settings for this can be found under Car Settings for some strange reason from what I can remember.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Not in my car right now but I'm pretty sure the settings for this can be found under Car Settings for some strange reason from what I can remember.
Correct. Do not select the Audio button on the InTouch. Go into the online menu and select Vehicle settings and then Audio. You'll find all the settings there.

·
Registered
2020 Q60 Red Sport AWD
19 Posts
Correct. Do not select the Audio button on the InTouch. Go into the online menu and select Vehicle settings and then Audio. You'll find all the settings there.
Oddly enough, I do have the CenterPoint option, but the Speed Sensitive Volume is nowhere to be found. I have the Premium Plus package, but none of the others (Driver Assistance / Technology).

Do either of you have this option, and if so, what packages do you have? I can't seem to find any info on what package(s) include that option (it was stock on my '09 G37!).

·
Registered
250 Posts
Oddly enough, I do have the CenterPoint option, but the Speed Sensitive Volume is nowhere to be found. I have the Premium Plus package, but none of the others (Driver Assistance / Technology).

Do either of you have this option, and if so, what packages do you have? I can't seem to find any info on what package(s) include that option (it was stock on my '09 G37!).
There's no speed-sensitive volume control for any Q60 model, as far as I know. It's nowhere in the manuals. I have premium plus and driver assistance, but no tech package. When driving, I can't tell if it adjusts volume automatically, or if it's just not there. I agree that it should be an adjustable option. All my previous Nissan vehicles had it.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
There's no speed-sensitive volume control for any Q60 model, as far as I know. It's nowhere in the manuals. I have premium plus and driver assistance, but no tech package. When driving, I can't tell if it adjusts volume automatically, or if it's just not there. I agree that it should be an adjustable option. All my previous Nissan vehicles had it.
It may be included in one of those Bose proprietary settings because I'm pretty sure my volume has been automatically adjusting with speed.

·
Registered
2020 Q60 Red Sport AWD
19 Posts
It may be included in one of those Bose proprietary settings because I'm pretty sure my volume has been automatically adjusting with speed.
@1701-64D - 2017 Infiniti | Infiniti InTouch Owner's Manual | Infiniti USA (Q50 & Q60) - page 4-32

"Setting items Action > [Sound Settings > Speed Sensitive Vol: Automatically adjusts the volume depending on the vehicle speed. Touch [+]/[-] to change the sensitivity level."

The only thing I can figure is that it is supposed to be part of the Bose AudioPilot.

"Bose® AudioPilot: Adjusts the volume and sound quality depending on the changes of the vehicle speed and the
noise picked up by the microphone. It compensates for noise for different road surface conditions
and open windows. Turn on the item to activate Bose® AudioPilot."

@Bevo Horn - It may be adjusting slightly, but in my '09 G37, I *never* had to turn the volume up or down when going faster or slower. I feel like now the volume is not even close to sufficient when going from 30mph to 60mph, for example.

·
Registered
250 Posts
@1701-64D - 2017 Infiniti | Infiniti InTouch Owner's Manual | Infiniti USA (Q50 & Q60) - page 4-32

"Setting items Action > [Sound Settings > Speed Sensitive Vol: Automatically adjusts the volume depending on the vehicle speed. Touch [+]/[-] to change the sensitivity level."

The only thing I can figure is that it is supposed to be part of the Bose AudioPilot.
I think you're correct that it's incorporated into AudioPilot. Right above that chart in the manual, it says "available setting items may vary depending on models and specifications." There may be a speed sensitive volume adjustment option in the regular 2.0t cars without Bose, but there isn't one in my car or any of the four Q50 loaners I've driven over the past three months.

The manual also says on page 8-25 that you can set the steering wheel to lift and the seat to move back when you exit, but we all know that's not true. The InTouch manual seems to be primarily a Q50 product that wasn't updated to reflect the differences with the Q60.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
I think you're correct that it's incorporated into AudioPilot. Right above that chart in the manual, it says "available setting items may vary depending on models and specifications." There may be a speed sensitive volume adjustment option in the regular 2.0t cars without Bose, but there isn't one in my car or any of the four Q50 loaners I've driven over the past three months.

The manual also says on page 8-25 that you can set the steering wheel to lift and the seat to move back when you exit, but we all know that's not true. The InTouch manual seems to be primarily a Q50 product that wasn't updated to reflect the differences with the Q60.
The manual also shows diagrams of a spare tire in the trunk :laugh:

Reactions: 1701-64D

·
Registered
189 Posts
It also lists those tire sizes as something different than reality. Mine has 245's. I think several last minute decisions were made after the manual was printed! :)

Attachments

Reactions: Morpheus

·
Registered
250 Posts
It also lists those tire sizes as something different than reality. Mine has 245's. I think several last minute decisions were made after the manual was printed! :)
When the Red Sport specs came out on the website, the wheels were listed as 20" (changed to 19" a few days later).

·
Registered
125 Posts
My AWD RS has 245's also. . . . .wish they were bigger. Anyone know what the max tire size is for the 19 x 9 rims without rubbing issues?

·
Registered
137 Posts
My AWD RS has 245's also. . . . .wish they were bigger. Anyone know what the max tire size is for the 19 x 9 rims without rubbing issues?
I had the run-flats swapped out at the dealership as part of my deal. The tech went to the manual, as my car wasn't on the lot yet and they had no others RS's, and ordered 255's as is stated. They called to tell me that the fronts rubbed. I found it hard to believe, as its such a small amount of rubber on each side, but they returned them and got me the 245's all around.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Tires

I've had a red sport 400 for about a month now and the only thing i really don't like is the factory tires. horrible

1 - 20 of 22 Posts