Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else dealing with rattles in the Q60? My first was the day I drove it off the lot, there was an audible rattle coming from behind the driver side pillar where the seatbelt is. The dealer determined it's in the pillar somewhere but haven't been able to correct it. They've offered to replace the entire pillar but it actually wraps all the way around the back seat, so speakers etc. need to be removed. Figured this would cause more unexpected rattles, so I let it go and try to deal with it.

Another annoying rattle I noticed yesterday is coming from the ashtray area. You can replicate the rattle by opening the ashtray door and pushing down on the interior tray. I'll bring it in to the dealer for this as well but was curious if anyone else is experiencing this.

I expect rattles down the road, they come with the territory of firm suspension etc. But with 1000 miles on her, this shouldn't be happening so early.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Mine's good

·
Registered
153 Posts
no rattles here

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Honestly, I'd hate to let the dealership take everything apart but what if the rattle is a sign of something worse? What if the dealership doesn't mess up fixing it and putting everything back together?

Lots of "what ifs" but you really won't know if it can be fixed without giving them a shot. The good news is it sounds like they've acknowledged there is a concern and want to address it. Better now when everything is new and more flexible than in a year or so when everything has kinda set from the temp changes and what not.

My 2c. :)

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
no rattle in mine but pulling the panel with the speaker in the back is actually pretty easy, just be somewhat gentle and remember to disconnect the speaker wire. I got all too good at pulling these when I installed the lowering springs. I bet it's just a busted panel clip. Right there at the seatbelt is the hardest place to get that panel's clips to line up and I actually busted one on my driver side when I was putting it back in, but I have spare Nissan panel clips so it wasn't a big deal. I'd pull the panel to figure it out, a rattle right there would drive me crazy.

·
Registered
327 Posts
You'll be way better off having them go at it and trying to fix it. If it rattles more or from somewhere else later on, they'll have to fix that too. You shouldn't have to settle and deal with an issue yourself and not have anything done about it. You bought a brand new car, get it sorted out whilst you still can

·
Registered
430 Posts
Oh can't stand fooking rattles man and I don't have any but if I did I would go to war getting it fixed!!!

Reactions: JJRO

·
Registered
189 Posts
I agree, let the dealer have a go at it. I was very concerned when my car needed to have the DCU replaced after only 800 miles. I am happy to say it survived the process with all the panels/parts intact and looking like new. I do not have any rattles to speak of, but it is such a firm ride I can certainly see them happening. Good luck!

·
Registered
199 Posts
No rattle but I do hear rather loud wind noise coming from the top window/pillar area. Curiously if I lower the window as little as I possibly can by quickly depressing the button as quickly as I can, the wind noise stops.

Frankly it is not an issue I want to bother taking it back to the dealer and have them take sh1t apart and possibly make it even worse. I say the noise is loud but only loud in the sense this is a luxury car and I'd expect nearly no or at least very little wind noise.

My other vehicle is a truck and that thing rattles all over the place and has extreme amounts of wind noise so it's all relative...

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Curiously if I lower the window as little as I possibly can by quickly depressing the button as quickly as I can, the wind noise stops.
Hmmm, maybe your window needs an adjustment

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
The only occasional rattle I hear is from the passenger side seat belt.
I have a fix for that. There's a slider that holds the buckle in a fixed position on the belt. I have the belt guide pointed downward with the seat belt draped over the front of the seat side bolster, and that slider holding the buckle in the center of the seat bolster. So the belt and buckle are laying against the front of the seat side bolster and not flopping around.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Rattles, none from the car. However, if I place my sunglasses in the upper console storage the wrong way, then the sunglasses rattle in the holder.

·
Registered
199 Posts
You'll be way better off having them go at it and trying to fix it. If it rattles more or from somewhere else later on, they'll have to fix that too. You shouldn't have to settle and deal with an issue yourself and not have anything done about it. You bought a brand new car, get it sorted out whilst you still can
I agree they should fix it but I personally have had very bad luck with my dealership doing work on my new car. They go to fix one thing and screw something else up and then screw up the screw up. I'm in disbelief:

Doing some other work to the car they scratched the driver's window tint. Have them fix it seemed like the right thing to do so I did. Then the window stopped rolling up all the way AND was crooked. They didn't notice this I did. While "fixing" that they tore the quarter window weather seal. Hey but now the window rolls up at least. While waiting 2 weeks for the window seal to come in I found they had routed and mangled ANOTHER seal on the door. Fast forward and both seals have been replaced but now the wind noise from the driver's window is quite loud and my personal inspections are not revealing anything obvious.

I've had similar experience with another place with another vehicle. Sad fact is, very few places do true quality work anymore. Everyone is a hack. A soccer mom driving her well used crossover probably would not notice this stuff but someone who cares about their luxury car, sees all the poor workmanship.

I don't even let my dealership wash my car. They are just going to put hairlines in the clear coat I see it everyday on every other car out there, nice cars, too.

Rant over sorry about your rattle

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
I agree they should fix it but I personally have had very bad luck with my dealership doing work on my new car. They go to fix one thing and screw something else up and then screw up the screw up. I'm in disbelief:

Doing some other work to the car they scratched the driver's window tint. Have them fix it seemed like the right thing to do so I did. Then the window stopped rolling up all the way AND was crooked. They didn't notice this I did. While "fixing" that they tore the quarter window weather seal. Hey but now the window rolls up at least. While waiting 2 weeks for the window seal to come in I found they had routed and mangled ANOTHER seal on the door. Fast forward and both seals have been replaced but now the wind noise from the driver's window is quite loud and my personal inspections are not revealing anything obvious.

I've had similar experience with another place with another vehicle. Sad fact is, very few places do true quality work anymore. Everyone is a hack. A soccer mom driving her well used crossover probably would not notice this stuff but someone who cares about their luxury car, sees all the poor workmanship.

I don't even let my dealership wash my car. They are just going to put hairlines in the clear coat I see it everyday on every other car out there, nice cars, too.

Rant over sorry about your rattle
D-a-m-n, where do you live?

Reactions: Coahman

·
Registered
51 Posts
I found that I do have a little something going on under the passenger seat while going over bumps that makes a bit of a small rattle. I will need to take a look at that. Otherwise, car is pretty quiet.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts