Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everybody,

Currently the transmission is going bad on my 2010 Infiniti G37s and I was wondering if I could used the 2018 Infiniti Q60 Luxe transmission for my G37s. I know they both have the same 7 speed transmission, so I was wondering if it was possible ? Also will I be able to use the tranny motor mounts and the twin turbo's and have them installed on the VQ37HR? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
rehan1233

·
Super Moderator
2,034 Posts
With how much it will cost to get it to work and to program it, why not just reach out to Level10 transmission and ask what build options they have for your stock transmission?

I might be off, but I honestly think it'll work out to be the cheaper and more reliable option.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Also will I be able to use the tranny motor mounts and the twin turbo's and have them installed on the VQ37HR? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
These Twins are pretty specific to this engine, so I would strongly guess no to using these twin turbskis. You'd be better off going with an actual kit designed for the VQ37, IMO. Or, if budget allows, you can upgrade the whole car to a Q50/60. However, I love seeing custom work so if you try it you better post up the results lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your advice. I may just have to find a shop that can do this type of work.

·
Registered
54 Posts
So, I just finished mounting a VR30DDTT in my 2012 Nissan 370z with the auto transmission. I actually had to take the trans mount off the auto trans from the VQ37 and use it on the VR30 transmission. It bolted up in the factory location. Engine mounts are the same. I think a few people have tried using the VR30 trans on a VQ and ran into a few problems. Crankshaft position sensor is in different location. The TCM is different but if I remember correctly all communication is done via CAN, so it might talk to the ECM, or it may not hah! Regardless it is not a simple part replacement project.
Hello Everybody,

Currently the transmission is going bad on my 2010 Infiniti G37s and I was wondering if I could used the 2018 Infiniti Q60 Luxe transmission for my G37s. I know they both have the same 7 speed transmission, so I was wondering if it was possible ? Also will I be able to use the tranny motor mounts and the twin turbo's and have them installed on the VQ37HR? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
rehan1233

1 - 5 of 5 Posts