Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Infiniti appears to have some impressive products in its pipeline, including a next-generation G powered by a twin-turbo V6 with 530 hp.

The relationship between the Japanese automaker and Mercedes-Benz is picking up full steam and will go beyond the upcoming Benz-based compact. For 2014, Infiniti will be producing next-generation four-cylinder engines for both Mercedes-Benz and Infiniti models at its Nissan Tennessee plant. And as we reported before, the first C-segment hatchback will be produced by Magna Steyr in Austria.

But the big news is that the next-generation G will start production in 2014 and is slated to go on sale by summer of that year. The Japanese automaker’s goals is to build on top of its highly-successful model by launching it in 70 countries worldwide. Apparently the design for the next G was finalized in June of last year and is shared with the Mercedes-Benz C-Class platform.

More: 2014 Infiniti G IPL Reported with Twin-Turbo 530-HP V6 on AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
500 Posts
A twin turbo V6 is exactly what the Infiniti Q60 coupe needs, G37 and G35 coupes were really nice naturally aspirated engines but never put out serious power, now it's time Infiniti steps it's game up, can't wait!

If they plan to do this to the Q60 sports coupe I wonder what other models are getting powerful engines.

·
Registered
164 Posts
530hp twin turbo for a vehicle in this segment is kind of far fetched if you ask me. I mean if its actually true this is incredible. Itll throw alot of automakers off. I guess whoever looking in a kind of vehicle like this would not care about mpgs.

·
Registered
225 Posts
530hp twin turbo for a vehicle in this segment is kind of far fetched if you ask me. I mean if its actually true this is incredible. Itll throw alot of automakers off. I guess whoever looking in a kind of vehicle like this would not care about mpgs.
gas mileage would be the least of their worries...

this engine and it's power reminds me of the Nissan GT-R's engine, seems like this will be the "luxurious GT-R"...in a way.

MPG rating for it will probably be 18-20 MPGs haha, but who cares about fuel efficiency when you're having fun?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Thinking about it, for the price you can probably buy this for brand new, you can get a used GT-R for the same price, if not a bit cheaper. In the end you'll have a better performing car with the GT-R.

Imagine that. A twin turbo V6 IPL Q60. How's that for a M3 / RS4 competitor.
That would be crazy.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Imagine that. A twin turbo V6 IPL Q60. How's that for a M3 / RS4 competitor.
It dont matter if you win by an inch or a mile winnings winning! (Raise Hands)

Thats what would happen if we were to see that happen to the Q60 but for no lets just see how the Q60 turns out first.

·
Registered
225 Posts
It dont matter if you win by an inch or a mile winnings winning! (Raise Hands)

Thats what would happen if we were to see that happen to the Q60 but for no lets just see how the Q60 turns out first.
That all depends where you put the Q60, on a drag strip, road course, etc.

Nissan might have some great handling vehicles, but BMW just does it better. On the Nurburgring I think any comparable M vehicle will kill the Q60. Everyone is trying to beat BMW with their ultimate track car, and at the moment Infiniti is too scared to join the rest in the BMW battle.

·
Registered
164 Posts
It would be best if Nissan/ infiniti could just use everything that they have learned on the 350z/370z platform and incorporate the performance into the IPL q60 but still maintain some comfort level.

·
Registered
500 Posts
So there's a lot of information going around right now of an Infiniti GT-R. The name alone already screams "unattainable" for people already interested in the Q60/Q50 vehicles. If the GT-R is a $100k vehicle, I think we should expect an Infiniti GT-R to be even more since Infiniti is known to be a higher up brand.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Theres no doubt in my mind that the IPL Q60 will be expensive but for it to be priced mor e than $100k is just ridiculous. My guess is that the IPL Q60 will just be beefed up suspension and slightly higher horsepower and a different trim package. This so called Infiniti GTR most likely will be coming later as a car to battle with the Acura NSX in that segment,

·
Registered
75 Posts
I didn't know that Mercedes and Infiniti were in bed together. How long has this been going on for? Is this a partnership ongoing or is it for a specific car model?

·
Registered
76 Posts
So since the relationship of them is in manufacturing or sharing four cylinders I'm guessing there will be a new segment from infiniti too. If I had to guess it will be the new G20. Maybe Q40?

·
Registered
225 Posts
I didn't know that Mercedes and Infiniti were in bed together. How long has this been going on for? Is this a partnership ongoing or is it for a specific car model?
to my knowledge it has only been something recent which hasn't progressed into anything on a production level. apparently the Q30 will also be another one of them and even a future Infiniti vehicle.

Q30 i believe is running off of an A-Class platform.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'll wait for the 2015 model which will be all new. I was told yesterday at my dealership by the owner of the dealership this is the case. He said he went to the dealers meeting in May of this year and the 2014 Q60 is just a renaming of the G37. The all new model will come in 2015 as a supercharged 400HP. He said he saw the actual car. The front end look very similar to the Q50 which is the way all the models will look. Why would Infiniti make this car and keep the exterior styling the same when the next year it gets a complete make over? Doesn't make sense. just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'll wait for the 2015 model which will be all new. I was told yesterday at my dealership by the owner of the dealership this is the case. He said he went to the dealers meeting in May of this year and the 2014 Q60 is just a renaming of the G37. The all new model will come in 2015 as a supercharged 400HP. He said he saw the actual car. The front end look very similar to the Q50 which is the way all the models will look. Why would Infiniti make this car and keep the exterior styling the same when the next year it gets a complete make over? Doesn't make sense. just my 2 cents.
LUCKY that he saw the actual 400HP supercharged Q60. Seriously can't wait till spy pic's of it pop up. Hopefully some of those being taken on the nurburgring :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts