Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which one will be the better 2-door four seater sporty luxury coupe?

As we can already see both 2013 G37 & 2013 Audi A5 are amazing coupes but Infiniti will be doing a mid-cycle refresh on the Infiniti G37 coupe for 2014, renaming it "Infiniti Q60". With all the new things to come with the mid-cycle refresh, it could make the 2014 G37/2014 Q60 that much harder for the A5 and other competitors to beat!

·
Registered
225 Posts
the audi looks much better imo but if i had to choose a guy to keep for a while even past it's warranty, it would be the G37/Q60. cost or ownership on german vehicles is ridiculous, at least with a reliable japanese vehicle like this car you don't need to worry.

·
Registered
364 Posts
This is probably better in the competition section of the forum.

The A5 coupe starts at $37k which is just under the G coupe. Keep in mind the A5 is all wheel drive and the G37 is rear wheel drive.. Big difference

3.7L V6 vs a 2.0L turbo. The A5 also only comes in auto in a 8 speed compared to the 7 speed on the G37.

To be honest spec wise I'd say its more comparable to the S5 which starts at $50k. Comes with a 3.0L V6 @ 333hp and 325lb-ft of torque. Does 0-60 in 4.9 seconds. It just like the G37 comes with a 6 speed manual and a 7 speed auto.

·
Registered
225 Posts
This is probably better in the competition section of the forum.

The A5 coupe starts at $37k which is just under the G coupe. Keep in mind the A5 is all wheel drive and the G37 is rear wheel drive.. Big difference

3.7L V6 vs a 2.0L turbo. The A5 also only comes in auto in a 8 speed compared to the 7 speed on the G37.

To be honest spec wise I'd say its more comparable to the S5 which starts at $50k. Comes with a 3.0L V6 @ 333hp and 325lb-ft of torque. Does 0-60 in 4.9 seconds. It just like the G37 comes with a 6 speed manual and a 7 speed auto.
I always felt the S5 was a bit out of the regular G37's league. However I would put a IPL G37 up against an S5.

Also the S5 starting at $50k is quite a jump from $37, i doubt anyone who was originally considering a regular G37 would jump that far up, its just not a natural transition

·
Registered
2 Posts
Which one will be the better 2-door four seater sporty luxury coupe?

As we can already see both 2013 G37 & 2013 Audi A5 are amazing coupes but Infiniti will be doing a mid-cycle refresh on the Infiniti G37 coupe for 2014, renaming it "Infiniti Q60". With all the new things to come with the mid-cycle refresh, it could make the 2014 G37/2014 Q60 that much harder for the A5 and other competitors to beat!
Midcycle refresh? I think it's the redesign now. The G37 debuted in 2008 and Nissan Infiniti usually runs 6 model years before a redesign, year 7.

That said, the A5 is a dedicated AWD vehicle so the performance will not exceed the RWD Infiniti platform. But, the A5 will most likely excel in luxury
The Q will play a double role in the direct competition world. The G37x will compete against the BMW335ix and Audi A5/S5. But the RWD q60 will battle 3 series coupes and the new mercedes C-coupe. The mercedes I believ is the clear loser. They just don't know how to inject affordable performance in there cars.
BMW and infiniti may tie? But infiniti will be the better price value? probably? (I add question marks because I believe infiniti since 2011, is overpriced and under-performs. But the new BMW also under-performs and is even more overpriced)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Midcycle refresh? I think it's the redesign now. The G37 debuted in 2008 and Nissan Infiniti usually runs 6 model years before a redesign, year 7.

That said, the A5 is a dedicated AWD vehicle so the performance will not exceed the RWD Infiniti platform. But, the A5 will most likely excel in luxury
The Q will play a double role in the direct competition world. The G37x will compete against the BMW335ix and Audi A5/S5. But the RWD q60 will battle 3 series coupes and the new mercedes C-coupe. The mercedes I believ is the clear loser. They just don't know how to inject affordable performance in there cars.
BMW and infiniti may tie? But infiniti will be the better price value? probably? (I add question marks because I believe infiniti since 2011, is overpriced and under-performs. But the new BMW also under-performs and is even more overpriced)

they are renaming every vehicle by the end of this year but successors won't happen at the same time, the q60 that will be shown in 2016 is the g37 successor.

·
Registered
225 Posts
they are renaming every vehicle by the end of this year but successors won't happen at the same time, the q60 that will be shown in 2016 is the g37 successor.
correct, in the process confusing people.

i think infiniti needs to make their objectives over the next few years just to clear things up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts