Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nissan's luxury brand is currently in the process of reinventing itself, a necessary tactic if it wants any chance of becoming a global player in the premium car market. It was recently discovered that Nissan nearly decided to shut down its luxury brand, Infiniti, a few years back due to lackluster sales and its inability to establish itself against the likes of Audi and BMW. This news was recently broken by Ward's Auto at the 2013 Detroit Auto Show during an interview with Nissan Executive Vice President Andy Palmer. But instead of shutting Infiniti down, Palmer hired former Audi US head Johan de Nysschen to fix the brand.

De Nysschen was able to help turn Audi into a true BMW and Mercedes-Benz competitor by separating it from Volkswagen due to his deep understanding of the premium car market. He's now hoping to achieve that same goal at Infiniti. Along with the upcoming model lineup name change, Infiniti will be adding four new models over the next four years. One of those will be the Q60, a coupe version of the upcoming Q50 sedan that'll replace the aging G sedan for 2014. One of our favorite auto rendering artists, Theophilus Chin, has just released his idea of what that coupe may look like. The Q60 isn't due to arrive for another couple of years but like its sedan counterpart, it'll certainly have more dramatic styling than the current Infiniti lineup. And that's no bad thing in our book.

2016 Infiniti Q60 Coupe Rendered

·
Registered
116 Posts
love the side profile...

if they're going to make us wait 2 years after the q50 comes out, the q60 better be good. hoping for a car that underpins the Nissan GT-R but has all the luxury we want

·
Registered
364 Posts
This is the Q50 vs the Q60 render using the same photo

Personally I think the Q60 exterior will have changes from the Q50 apart from loosing 2 doors. It should be sleeker and the front should be different. Just look at the G37 sedan vs coupe.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Two doors can really make a difference in making a car look sportier. I wouldn't mind a sleeker look when 2016 comes around.

·
Registered
228 Posts
How many of you would agree that the 2014-2015 Infiniti Q60 could get M37 styling?? I seen it mentioned in another thread and it seems very possible but also unlikely.

·
Registered
63 Posts
How many of you would agree that the 2014-2015 Infiniti Q60 could get M37 styling?? I seen it mentioned in another thread and it seems very possible but also unlikely.
I dont see why they would have to do that. It wouldnt be a smart move since the M series is higher up in the roster and class. I could understand small traits but nothing over the top and get people confused between the two models. So its not a logical thing to do.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I dont see why they would have to do that. It wouldnt be a smart move since the M series is higher up in the roster and class. I could understand small traits but nothing over the top and get people confused between the two models. So its not a logical thing to do.
of course it won't be a M37 coupe but it im saying it'll probably have styling similar to but sticking with what a G/Q coupe should look like.

·
Registered
67 Posts
My guess for how Q60 will look:

Front view: Strong resemblance to the Q50 minus a few changes.
Side view: Strong resemblance to current G37 coupe and/or G35 coupe.
Back view: Resemblance to Q50, but some differences (ex. a sloping rear-end, optional spoiler etc.)

·
Registered
76 Posts
My guess for how Q60 will look:

Front view: Strong resemblance to the Q50 minus a few changes.
Side view: Strong resemblance to current G37 coupe and/or G35 coupe.
Back view: Resemblance to Q50, but some differences (ex. a sloping rear-end, optional spoiler etc.)
That is how i imagined the Q60 be looking like as well. The front ends usually look very alike the headlights and all I find the change apparent once you look past the front fenders. The side window frame and rear will look different for sure.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Found this image on a blog. What do you guys think?

It's definitely not the best looking rendering but I believe it's close enough to what the 2014-2015 Infiniti Q60 will look like, before the big jump to the completely redesigned model comes out late 2015 to 2016.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Have you guys seen this leak pic yet for the infiniti Q60?

The headlights on it look a bit different from the q50 though. I wouldnt mind if the Q60 looked like this. I think it would be nice to have a different look then the sedan. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Have you guys seen this leak pic yet for the infiniti Q60?

The headlights on it look a bit different from the q50 though. I wouldnt mind if the Q60 looked like this. I think it would be nice to have a different look then the sedan. What do you guys think?

sleeker looking headlights would be awesome but i highly doubt it. Infiniti has never done this ever, and doubt they will start to. The G35 and G37 coupes and sedans have always looked like eachother without any crazy differences like what were seeing here.

·
Registered
76 Posts
this is the time now to do something different with their line of vehicles and could match up tot their name change movement as well. I think it would be a nice surprised and effective towards being different. A new tactic like that might make or break the brand but why not take the chance for the new infiniti Q60?

·
Registered
116 Posts
this is the time now to do something different with their line of vehicles and could match up tot their name change movement as well. I think it would be a nice surprised and effective towards being different. A new tactic like that might make or break the brand but why not take the chance for the new infiniti Q60?
perfect opportunity for them with a coupe
the information on a infiniti performance coupe has been made official, we just need to wait to see what exactly it will be like and what bade it gets, so far it seems to be a Q60.

·
Registered
25 Posts
perfect opportunity for them with a coupe
the information on a infiniti performance coupe has been made official, we just need to wait to see what exactly it will be like and what bade it gets, so far it seems to be a Q60.
where did you hear that from? Not that i don't believe you or anything but I would just like to read further in to the article unless you want to elaborate.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts