Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

2017 Infiniti Q60 Coupe Is Bigger & Better Than Before

11K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Infinity 
#1 ·

The 2015 Q60 was and still is a capable machine thanks to its 3.7-liter V-6 but some said that the older gen’s design language was a bit vanilla. Now Infiniti is coming out more aggressive design for its third generation Q60 coupe.

So how does the new Q60 visually compare with the older model? CarScoops took the liberty answering that question or you.

The new coupe is literally bigger than its predecessor with a wider body creating a lower center of gravity for better driving dynamics. Its roofline remains largely unchanged but that slope does continue to the boot in a continuous line. A new trapezoid grille, angled headlights lined with light strips and a sportier rear bumper gives the front a sportier look. Also worth mentioning is the extra kink in the rear passenger windows at the C-pillar, the same kink found on the QX60. A new C-piller trend perhaps?

While the exterior did receive an overhaul with new aggressive features, the new design still retains elements of the previous generation mainly found in the hood’s power bulges (a bit wider than the 2015 model's), the pinched lines running from the front to the rear fender, and the dual sport exhaust pipes.

To those who were hoping to have a matching interior, you may be a bit disappointed because even though the interior received a much needed upgrade, Infiniti decided to go with a more relaxed and luxurious approach than a sporty one. The cabin is trimmed with luxurious materials like contrast stitched red or white leather, silver accents and aluminum or wood trim.

Infiniti may have left much of the old design behind when they created a more aesthetically competitive coupe but it still hearkens back to the second gen Q60.

See less See more
#13 ·
Wider than the old coupe huh? I've never sat inside a Q60/G coupe but, how was the interior space? Is it comfortable at all for a possible backseat passenger? Does it feel claustrophobic at all?

I used to have preconceived notions about sport/muscle coupes until I got inside of a '13 Ford Mustang and a '14 A5, two cars that were surprisingly roomy inside and even in the case of the A5, had a reasonably ample backseat. From what I know, the G coupe has a wheelbase advantage over both those cars.

#15 ·
Well those are the bigger of the coupes, they're more of GT coupes than sports coupes, so in GT cars right across the entire segment you can expect that. I have yet to go into what's considered a GT coupe and find it impossible to see myself sitting in the back for a long stretch of time.

#18 ·
Nissan vehicles are generally pretty reliable and Infiniti (a branch of nissan) vehicles will also have the same quality assurance as it's parent company. Their reliability and quality often gets lost when compared to Toyota or Hondas but Infiniti still has a reputation for reliable sporty cars.

I'm sure the Q60 will run for a long time before needing more than the yearly general maintenance.

#19 ·
Most problems are usually found within the first year of ownership if there are any and it should be covered by the factory warranty. I can understand why Infiniti's reliability doesn't get as much attention as Toyota. I still have my old one and it's still going strong after 10 years.

hope I'll have just as many years with the Q60.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.