Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Infiniti’s new Q60 coupe has been on the market for a while and some may still be on the fence about purchasing one. Maybe Auto 123’s road test will be enough to move you away from that German luxury coupe slump.

A combination of beauty and brawn, the Q60’s all-wheel drive transmission comes standard and its 400 horsepower 3.0L twin-turbo V6 is wrapped in a stylish package. With 350 lb-ft of torque, the Q60 can sprint from 0-100 km/h in just 5.0 seconds.

Editor Benjamin Hunting didn’t just take the 2017 Q60 to the track or any old road, the vehicle was test driven as if and owner was taking it out for a weekend drive. Rancho Valencia was the starting point and the curvy road dividing the San Diego harbour from the farmland and vineyards over the hills is where he drove. The Q60’s acceleration is more than enough to take on the shortest of passing zones through the countryside.

His one complaint was of the Q60’s revised all-electric steering which lacks the same connection between the steering wheel and the front wheels that a direct steering system would have. On his drive between the Vineyard Grant James in Ramona and his lunch reservation at Temecula's Fazeli Cellars, all seven steering settings were thoroughly tested and Hunting was still unable to keep track of the front wheels.

Other than that, the Q60 is elegant and expertly sculpted as proven by Ricardo Breceda, a sculptor in Aguanga. Breceda ran his hands all over the coupe’s exterior and complimented the design.

The Infiniti Q60 probably won’t unseat its German rival brands, but the new coupe is still a vehicle worth considering.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Great review of the 2017 Infiniti Q60 and they mentioned the Canada winters too. Some people have the misconception that coupes and sedans are more likely to get stuck in the snow than other cars because of the low ground clearance. I used to be one of them until I realized I just needed AWd and a better set of tires.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts