Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, new member here. I got my Q60S Red Sport 400 AWD that is Iridium Blue with Graphite/CF Interior, back in July.

I got the Premium Plus, Driver's assistance, and the supposedly super rare Carbon Fiber exterior package. Along with the ambient and radiant lighting options.

I'd like to add the black grills with radiant emblem up front, but I hear there is a compatibility issue with my options. Is there a work around for this yet?

I have FI lower downpipes on the way, and trying to figure out which CAI setup to go with. Thinking about pairing it with the Infiniti Sport Catback with mufflers too. I am going to wait and see how it sounds with the hatless downpipes first. Hopefully not too raspy.

Also debating on BMS JB4, or Ecutek and a custom tune. Does anyone who runs either setup know if there is provisions to fix the extremely slow shifting transmission?. I know the JB4 is typically just a signal intercept/piggy back, where as the Ecutek is a refresh and may have more provisions in the hands of a competent tuner.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Not sure how I missed your post @Delphic. Congrats and welcome to the forum! Post up some pics when you get the chance.

It sounds like your car has the ICC. If yes, then there is currently no radiant emblem offered. I'm not sure but I think it's because there is a single connection up front and right now it can either be used with the ICC or the radiant emblem. If I'm not mistaken, a splitter might be all that's needed to be fabricated (although I don't know if that will cause issues with reduced power to the ICC and emblem).

If you're looking to properly build up the car and tune the transmission, it might help to reach out to Level10 transmissions to see if they can tune the transmissions. Since they have a lot of experience building up these transmissions, it wouldn't surprise me if they have the ability to tune the transmission.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure how I missed your post @Delphic. Congrats and welcome to the forum! Post up some pics when you get the chance.

It sounds like your car has the ICC. If yes, then there is currently no radiant emblem offered. I'm not sure but I think it's because there is a single connection up front and right now it can either be used with the ICC or the radiant emblem. If I'm not mistaken, a splitter might be all that's needed to be fabricated (although I don't know if that will cause issues with reduced power to the ICC and emblem).

If you're looking to properly build up the car and tune the transmission, it might help to reach out to Level10 transmissions to see if they can tune the transmissions. Since they have a lot of experience building up these transmissions, it wouldn't surprise me if they have the ability to tune the transmission.
I believe Ecutek has the ability to touch the transmission data tables, it's whoever can tune the engine, can do the trans too. At least thats how it works with every other vehicle, GTR included.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
I believe Ecutek has the ability to touch the transmission data tables, it's whoever can tune the engine, can do the trans too. At least thats how it works with every other vehicle, GTR included.
You're correct. EcuTek can do that with the GTR and Cobb's Accessport has a similar ability (although to a lesser extent). I'm unsure what kind of TCM is in the Q60 and how advanced it is compared to the GTR's TCM.

I haven't heard of any of the various engine tuners for the 370Z or other Infiniti vehicles with the 7AT actually doing any work on the transmission. That's why I'd trust Level10 over any of them at this point given the experience Level10 has with these transmissions. That's the only reason I mentioned Level10 vs anyone else.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You're correct. EcuTek can do that with the GTR and Cobb's Accessport has a similar ability (although to a lesser extent). I'm unsure what kind of TCM is in the Q60 and how advanced it is compared to the GTR's TCM.

I haven't heard of any of the various engine tuners for the 370Z or other Infiniti vehicles with the 7AT actually doing any work on the transmission. That's why I'd trust Level10 over any of them at this point given the experience Level10 has with these transmissions. That's the only reason I mentioned Level10 vs anyone else.
They're a builder, the trans firmness, and shift speed is all controlled in the ecm/tcm. They can make it bullet proof, and reset the stall speed, but thats about it. It looks like UpRev, maybe also be another option for this. The BMS JB4, is definitely not.

From my understanding, the Q60 has a next generation pcm, over the GTR. So, obviously the platform isn't as popular, but it seems like we have the same, if not more options. I bet once a new Z is released, we will see the windfalls from this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts