Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,429 Posts
Are no flat tires really that necessary
The AWD models have run-flat tires meaning you can still drive on them when they're flat. The RWD models have an emergency tire repair kit because the staggered tires are conventional. If you go with conventional tires you should probably get a tire repair kit or a spare.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD
1,964 Posts
What are the best quality, but most cost effective run flat tires, 255/40/19? Not looking to spend $600. Under $350 would be preferable. Thanks.
Go to this link:

255/40R19 Tires

Filter on "Run Flat" (7 options):
Wheel Tire Photograph Automotive tire Light

Reactions: ozmoses

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Very useful. Do you know if the stock tires that came with the 2017 AWD Q60 were all season or designed more for non-Winter weather? I'm in Wisconsin and have used the same stock tires since 2017, although have only 12,000 miles on them and very little Winter driving. Just wondering if it's ok to go with the Summer runflats.

Go to this link:

255/40R19 Tires

Filter on "Run Flat" (7 options):
View attachment 26374

·
Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,429 Posts
Just wondering if it's ok to go with the Summer runflats.
Below 45 degrees Fahrenheit most summer tires lose their performance so you decide. In freezing temps some will harden and the tread can crack.

Reactions: 351FUN

·
Registered
512 Posts
Like Bevo said, most summers lose a significant amount of their grip below 40-45°F. In addition to that they really shouldn't be driven on below 32°F, and they will be damaged when bearing a load (IE., just being on the car) in temps under 20°F

Reactions: Bevo

·
Registered
566 Posts
Forget run flats, move on all season or get a set for summer and winter.

·
Super Moderator
2,158 Posts
Forget run flats, move on all season or get a set for summer and winter.
This^. @ozmoses , I didn't even wait for my original runflats to need replacing. I just went ahead and replaced them after a few thousand miles with non-runflats and I never regretted going away from runflats apart from the fact that I should have gone with Contis instead of Michelin all weather tires.

I highly recommend getting non runflats and a can of fix a flat. Drivability should improve leaps and bounds over stock rfs

·
Registered
2021 q60 RS i-line awd
83 Posts
Below 45 degrees Fahrenheit most summer tires lose their performance so you decide. In freezing temps some will harden and the tread can crack.
This is something people don't seem to get, winter tires aren't about snow on the ground. They're about the compound's performance in lower temperatures. It can be bone dry and if it's 30° out you still want winter tires.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This^. @ozmoses , I didn't even wait for my original runflats to need replacing. I just went ahead and replaced them after a few thousand miles with non-runflats and I never regretted going away from runflats apart from the fact that I should have gone with Contis instead of Michelin all weather tires.

I highly recommend getting non runflats and a can of fix a flat. Drivability should improve leaps and bounds over stock rfs
Can you let me know what tires you went with?

·
Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,429 Posts
Reactions: Omenx and testrage

·
Registered
512 Posts
Can you let me know what tires you went with?
If you're looking for all seasons the go-to's are either the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 4, or Continental Extreme Contact DWS06+. Both will be leaps and bounds better than the runflats in almost every metric.

Reactions: IridiumRS400

·
Registered
4 Posts
Jumping on the Band Wagon . . . " Ditch the Run Flats ! "

Simple fact of life is that Tire Tread wears out over the miles and age is not a good thing either

Branding and Price is a whacky too ~ a well known brand can be $100 or more per tire than a lesser known Brand Name

Here is an economical ( Yes serious too ) recommendation for an All Season ~ Performance Tire in your size

A Discount Tire Exclusive ~ ( don't laugh ) Behold the Falken G5 Pro Sport A/S

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Light Synthetic rubber

Attachments

·
Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,429 Posts
A Discount Tire Exclusive ~ ( don't laugh ) Behold the Falken G5 Pro Sport A/S
Sumitomo brands include Dunlop Tyres, Falken Tire and Ohtsu Tire.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts