Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone have a dashcam running with their car?
What are you using? Did you hardwire it? Was it difficult to hardwire?

Looking to get a dashcam but im looking for some suggestions or ideas.

edit:

think we can hardwire into the rearview?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Anyone have a dashcam running with their car?
What are you using? Did you hardwire it? Was it difficult to hardwire?

Looking to get a dashcam but im looking for some suggestions or ideas.

edit:

think we can hardwire into the rearview?
See my thread here

http://www.infinitiq60.org/forum/wh...finiti-q60-today/6993-hardwired-dash-cam.html

I used invisicord micro usb wire kit to wire dash cam into mirror harness. You can purchase a mirror mount to mount your camera to rearview mirror.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Invisicord sells the mini usb wiring necessary to wire to rearview mirror. You can purchase a mirror mount for your dash cam also. I couldn't mount my dash cam to rearview mirror because my radar detector is already mounted there.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey thats awesome, how was the installation? did you use a guide? got any links?
i dont have a radar detector as i use caution and waze - so thats a nonissue

·
Registered
153 Posts
I ordered the wiring here Invisicord Products. There are 2 wires that you plug in the back of your mirror wiring harness as seen in photo. Photo shows 4 wires because of radar detector.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have the Thinkware F770 on mine, just used the addon hardwire harness to wire mine as I had to run the cable for the rear view camera anyway, the only panels I had to remove was the one going across the bottom of the door and slightly up the side, and that one was only to run the rear view cam, and the side plate at the front of the door to run both wires. Fuse box installation was kinda a pain to find a good fuse to attach them too as there's not a lot of room down there and the fuse box is kinda around the corner instead of the drop down kind most cars I've seen have. Past that it was just tucking it into the ceiling moldings between the seams, didn't have to actually remove anything just jam it in there.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have the Thinkware F770 on mine, just used the addon hardwire harness to wire mine as I had to run the cable for the rear view camera anyway, the only panels I had to remove was the one going across the bottom of the door and slightly up the side, and that one was only to run the rear view cam, and the side plate at the front of the door to run both wires. Fuse box installation was kinda a pain to find a good fuse to attach them too as there's not a lot of room down there and the fuse box is kinda around the corner instead of the drop down kind most cars I've seen have. Past that it was just tucking it into the ceiling moldings between the seams, didn't have to actually remove anything just jam it in there.
Did you use add a fuse? What fuse did you tap? Ty

·
Registered
20 Posts
I ordered the wiring (from Invisicord Products). There are 2 wires that you plug in the back of your mirror wiring harness as seen in photo. Photo shows 4 wires because of radar detector.
This is great info, but there are a few options for the Invisicord mirror tap. There appear to be 2 different sizes of connectors and an option for a fuse or not. Which connector option did you get, and did you opt for the version with the fuse?

·
Registered
153 Posts
I ordered the wiring (from Invisicord Products). There are 2 wires that you plug in the back of your mirror wiring harness as seen in photo. Photo shows 4 wires because of radar detector.
This is great info, but there are a few options for the Invisicord mirror tap. There appear to be 2 different sizes of connectors and an option for a fuse or not. Which connector option did you get, and did you opt for the version with the fuse?
I ordered the smaller micro version. The micro version connector is easier to push into the wiring harness.

I did not get the fused version. I've wire tapped my mirror several times. Had V1 radar detector for a few years. Figured that the mirror is already protected by a fuse.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks a bunch, endeavor1 - very much appreciated! That's all I needed to know - will be ordering the harness here shortly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts