1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
591 Posts
Apparently, it's the first in a series of three videos that will be posted in the next few weeks. I will be so disappointed if Jon Snow is the only Game of Thrones character to appear in the series. They need Daenerys Targaryen in a white Q60!

·
Registered
591 Posts
The dramatics of both commercials makes the car more appealing. Granted the Jaguar one has an explosive but it's the words and how they were spoken that makes we want to buy one. Too bad I can't afford an F-Type but the Q60 is still a very nice sports coupe.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I wish I could afford one as well. But those things start at $62k which is crazy. Don't get me wrong, they're worth the money, just out of my range for now.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Still don't like the tagline but I do like Jon Snow. Was hoping to see a few others from the Game of Thrones cast and not just him.

Here is the commercial embedded, jut need to take the s out of https.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I like the variety of promotions they have going on here so far which is off to a great start since this might give a good indication to what we can expect with the high performing Q60 that was rumored a while back. Maybe something along the lines of what BMW would do?

·
Registered
327 Posts
See.. now I guess I kind of see how it sort-of makes sense ...? More trying to hit the inspiration factor of it but.. It just seems like the execution was very irrelevant

·
Registered
500 Posts
The problem with the people they hire is they overthink the process too much. What they need to do is get on our level and tap into that mindset, if they do then they can get ads that really resonate with what we're looking forward to seeing.

Car ads from the 90's were good for that exact reason.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Just have a look of the entry level Porsche 718, the ad is superb, attractive, yet.....simple !!
The previous one with noisy recitation of William Blake's poem and the current one with a sport shoe.
These ads just don't bring out any temptation for the Q60......! (IMHO)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpyA1sjTzt4
See that was, in my opinion, an extremely successful commercial. To appeal to the market who the vehicle was intended for. That little exhaust clip from the beginning captures you right away. Combine that with all driving around, looking at it corner, and the lack of someone talking with some sort of accent. Perfection

1 - 20 of 27 Posts