Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

What do you think the 2017 Q60 Base 4 cylinder will start out at?

• Base model will start at Under 40k

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Base model will start at Over 40k

Votes: 2 22.2%
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your thoughts on pricing for the new Q60?

I'm predicting that the cost of the new Q60 will be lower than the outgoing model due to the addition of the 4 cylinder. I'm thinking that it will be more aligned with the Q50 pricing like previously, but slightly higher.

Last year:
The Q50 base model started at over 36k
The Q60 base model started at over 40k

This year
With the addition of the 4 cylinder the Q50 base model dropped down to around 34k
Therefore I predict that the Q60 4 cyl base model will start somewhere around 37k-38k

Looking at some other coupes for comparison:
-The 2016 Lexus RC 200t base starts at 39.9k
-The 2016 Audi A5 base starts at 40.5k
-The 2016 BMW 4 series base starts at 41.6k
-The 2016 Mercedes C Coupe base starts at 42.6k

So in order to compete and have a better value proposition over the other brands, I'd expect for the Q60 pricing to be lower than the other brands.

What are your thoughts?
I'm also adding a poll of whether you think the base model will start under 40k or over 40k (if I can figure out how to do that... lol)

·
Registered
327 Posts
You pretty much hit the nail on the head with your reasoning. With the competition in the $39k+ margin, it'll be the smartest thing for them to do to release it at between $36-$38k. Especially when in the standings with the big German names that are well known to be successful.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'm surprised there isnt like a leaked build guide or something. That shows options and packages. But this car is worth every penny in my opinion.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I definitely think under the $40k margin just because they have other variations in the line-up to make room for. Under $40k keeps them competitive as stated above by pretty much everyone else, and Infiniti seems to be quite smart in the marketing sector of things.

Would be really cool to have a leaked build guide though, just so we can get an idea of what to get ready for.

·
Registered
500 Posts
If they could start it out just above the $40k mark it could help the brand when it comes to marketing the Q60 since it's not much more than one of its closest rivals, the Lexus RC. And when you're that high up, willing to spend the amount of money required to get a Lexus RC, pushing a few more grand up to go Q60 isn't that hard at all.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I'm not too sure. The Lexus RC is a huge competitor against the Q60 and to go up in pricing for the Q60, a lot of people might not bite. The RC is pretty darn good, especially with Lexus' history of amazing reliability.

·
Registered
308 Posts
It'll kill the RC 350 F-Sport yes. But I doubt the RC-F. 5.0 V8 producing close to 470hp, with some aggressive body styling, and a darn extremely effective interior. Not too sure

·
Registered
135 Posts
It'll kill the RC 350 F-Sport yes. But I doubt the RC-F. 5.0 V8 producing close to 470hp, with some aggressive body styling, and a darn extremely effective interior. Not too sure
Redsport isn't Amg/M/F/RS competitor it's stream lines with 435 s5 RC 350F. The Q50 Eau Rouge on the other hand would be. GTR engine, but it's a concept.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Realistically, the newer Q60 won't be priced under the older Q60 model which was over $40k. The newer model will most likely go above the 40k mark too with the red sport version being closer to 50k.

But I do hope I'm wrong and the base Q60 is actually less than 40k.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Realistically, the newer Q60 won't be priced under the older Q60 model which was over $40k. The newer model will most likely go above the 40k mark too with the red sport version being closer to 50k.

But I do hope I'm wrong and the base Q60 is actually less than 40k.
Hmm... that is actually a very valid point. I hope you're wrong as well ;)

·
Registered
591 Posts
I assume those who are putting down a early place holder deposit will be told the Q60's MSRP. I've never actually done that so I don't know how the process works.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I assume those who are putting down a early place holder deposit will be told the Q60's MSRP. I've never actually done that so I don't know how the process works.
It could be the MSRP or estimated MSRP. I think how that works is they give you an average and it can only be more by a small percent, almost always within single digits.

·
Registered
327 Posts
It could be the MSRP or estimated MSRP. I think how that works is they give you an average and it can only be more by a small percent, almost always within single digits.
I believe you are correct in this. There's a certain buffer range, anything too far over and you're able to back out

·
Registered
95 Posts
Take the Q50 price and add $3-4K. That should give you a pretty close approximation. So $40-$64K range.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Reactions: Jasonviper
1 - 20 of 58 Posts