Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Q60 3.0t Red Sport AWD
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im still kinda near to this car. It has 41k on it and has always been maintained well. I am the 2nd owner.
Only warranty issue so far was the infotainment system had to be replaced as the Sirius died.

I noticed if I am driving around 40ish and really smash the gas (but short of WOT) - the car for sure takes off but I feel I see a bluish white smoke out the tailpipes for the duration of my tromp.

I am not using any oil or coolant and the temps around here are 20s or 30s for the time being.
The car is out of the 'basic' warranty and I totally dislike my local dealer. Isn't that great?

So anything cause for an alarm here or is this normal?
Im not 100% sure the smoke out the tailpipes are bluish but it sure seems like it.

Other than that, the car runs awesome, pulls FAST and has no odd noises or squeaks/squeals or anything.

-Hanadarko

·
Registered
413 Posts
Powertrain warranty is one year longer than the basic warranty, so you might still be covered.

When my turbos went I had exhaust smoke after a few minutes at idle, such as when sitting in a drive thru lane, or when starting in the morning. Also on occasion there would be a BIG puff of smoke when I started the car. This was summer time, so it wasn't because it was cold out.

Reactions: hanadarko

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD
1,769 Posts
So anything cause for an alarm here or is this normal?
Im not 100% sure the smoke out the tailpipes are bluish but it sure seems like it.

-Hanadarko
Bluish smoke out the tailpipes is typically oil seals in at least one of the turbos letting go. Just sounds like it is in the initial stages - I would take it to the dealer while still under the Powertrain warranty.

• Sad
Reactions: hanadarko

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
At the Stealership now having the car evaluated. Honestly I expect to pay $180 diagnostic fee only to be told no trouble or issues found

·
Registered
413 Posts
UNABLE TO DUPLICATE CONCERN

gee what a shocker:rolleyes:
Yeah, that happened to me at the first dealership I went to. Went to a different dealership 3 days later and they replaced my turbos. Basically left it running in the service bay while we filled out paperwork until it started smoking so that they could see it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ask for the results of the compression test. If they didn’t do one then they are just living in denial. I had one cylinder that went to ****. I called it out 10k before warranty went out and they did the same to me. Then 2k after warranty was out I took it back and then they saw the problem. 20k and new long block later and it’s fixed.

UNABLE TO DUPLICATE CONCERN

gee what a shocker:rolleyes:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ask for the results of the compression test. If they didn’t do one then they are just living in denial. I had one cylinder that went to ****. I called it out 10k before warranty went out and they did the same to me. Then 2k after warranty was out I took it back and then they saw the problem. 20k and new long block later and it’s fixed.
Oh they didnt do anything like that. I was in/out in around 30min. Just like Dominos. :confused:

The service manager though was really nice. I will give her that. She did ask me about the coolant. I told her I had just topped it off when I acquired the Q60. She told me to leave it be and watch it. If it does go down again, I am to bring the car in for some sort of 'test' that will require it to be there overnight. She told me some cars have had porous blocks which this forum of course discusses.

I will admit it was nice to see she was in the 'know' on some of this. I told her at least I brought it in and had it documented for what that might be worth... :rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts