Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother in law is looking to buy his first premium sports coupe (he has been driving a 2008 honda accord since college). He has narrowed his selections to a 2017 q60 red sport and a 2015 lexus rcf. He was considering a bmw 430 but felt the car didnt have the handle and pick up he wanted.

Both the Lexus and Infiniti models he likes are within his budget (30-33K).

For those Q60 owners, any thoughts on why he should go with the Q60 over the RCF?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I looked at both too, but stuck with Infiniti. Overall it was the Q60 because of personal preference. I liked the fact the Q60 has more interior storage and I like the overall look better too. As far as performance, they are similar, but I felt (from experience) that any car with over 400hp is served well with AWD if it's the primary daily driver.

·
Registered
65 Posts
If he also cares about MPG then the Q60 is prob the way to go. I avg 21.8 mpg in pretty much stop and go traffic stock. V8s are hungry, but so much fun. I still regret selling my LS7 powered Z/28 but that 3-6 mpg got old quick lmao.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I will let you know what he decides. With the current economic climate, he thinks he could get a better deal now vs. When he began searching in January.

·
Registered
65 Posts
For sure! We are looking at replacing her truck now that most dealers are offering 0% apr for 84 months with no payments for 3-6 months.

Also, might be a good time to refi the house if you are in the position to do so. Coworker refi his house for 15 years at something like 2.25% or something. Granted he has a perfect FICO, but still

·
Registered
334 Posts
I use to be so into Lexus starting in 1990, their first year. But by 2003 I turned to Infiniti due to initial cost comparison, performance and then thier reliability deteriorated. I saw many people starting to buy Lexus due to their Logo. Final twist was w as when thier local dealership said I need Struts replaced and there was nothing wrong with my IS.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For sure! We are looking at replacing her truck now that most dealers are offering 0% apr for 84 months with no payments for 3-6 months.

Also, might be a good time to refi the house if you are in the position to do so. Coworker refi his house for 15 years at something like 2.25% or something. Granted he has a perfect FICO, but still
He is not a homeowner however I wish I waited, I did a refi last summer when rates were about a pt higher.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts