·
Registered
1,585 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
UPDATE:
Car is at dealership. They are running an oil analysis. I had my oil changed there about 2 weeks ago so only a few hundred miles on that oil. Hope that is enough miles to get valid results. Waiting to see what else they are going to do and test. Will update when results come back.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Notified that car passed pressure test and no visible coolant seen on inspection. Oil test pending. If all checks out okay will carefully monitor coolant levels moving forward and if it drops bring it back in and have dealership search for cause. Power train warranty good for another year so that should cover me

·
Registered
8 Posts
Notified that car passed pressure test and no visible coolant seen on inspection. Oil test pending. If all checks out okay will carefully monitor coolant levels moving forward and if it drops bring it back in and have dealership search for cause. Power train warranty good for another year so that should cover me
Going through the same thing except I have not had the oil test yet and this is my 4th trip to the dealership. Looking forward to your update.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Watching coolant levels and driving her hard to see if it drops again. If it does, don’t care what oil test shows they need to figure it out. I have another year on power train and don’t plan on keeping car if it is losing coolant.
I gave her a nice bath and wax so maybe she will cooperate

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Just heard from dealership. Oil test came back normal. So they recommended I keep driving car and watch coolant levels and get another oil test after I put more miles on the oil as they did the test only a few weeks after an oil change. I am checking coolant levels in reservoir daily. I noticed that the levels cold fluctuate a bit but hot seems stable.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts