Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I narrowed down my car search to either the Q60 or the RC350.
I’m leaning towards the Q60 but read some negative things online.

The biggest thing I’m wondering about is the steering. I’ve read all about the drive by wire and DAS, so I understand it could get some getting used to. Also I’ve read that the run flats sucks. For anyone that has a Q60, is the steering as bad as everyone claims? Does it pull you to one side of the road? How is it driving in the snow or rain? I’ve read the steering pulls hard in the rain.

I love the community of this car and think it’s such a good looking car, but the steering is a major concern for me.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Easy fix, dont get DAS. The run flats do suck but that is also an easy fix.

·
Registered
767 Posts
The Dunlop RFTs are terrible tires for many reasons, including "tramming", where the tires follow the ruts, road angle, etc., which makes for a touchy feel to the steering. It's not the car, rather, it's the tires.

There are plenty of good options for replacement tires. When you get the Q60, we can discuss which option best fits your situation.

On my '17 Q60 Red Sport, I've just about burned-down the thread on my original RFTs, and I do not have DAS. Regardless, I've taken long trips with this car, including a 2700 mile RT from WA state to SoCal, and I could spend many hours in the driver's seat without fatigue.

Reactions: MikesQ60_3.0

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
I have DAS on mine. It was something I had to get when I ordered my car so I could get the full benefit of the intelligent cruise system in these cars (I don't think non-DAS cars get the ability to stay in the center of the lane without steering inputs, or navigate winding highways with hands off the steering wheel, etc). At the time, it was the closest you could get to autonomous driving apart from getting a Tesla (I think only the S & X were out then).

I would have preferred hydraulic (but no one's really doing that anymore) or electric as my next choice (which you can get with non-DAS cars) but DAS has been fine for 90% of my use cases. The biggest problem I have with DAS is that there is much less steering feel when pushing the car hard on canyon courses or winding mountain roads (I personally think it's less than electric). At the limit, it's fine but it's hard to get a feel for how the car is responding when pulling sharp turn maneuvers at speed.

In my case it came down to a personal choice so I could get the intelligent cruise system and I've happy enough with it. YMMV

·
Registered
43 Posts
There has been talk that the DAS was updated by Infiniti for 2018, but I've never found proof. Still, my 2018 RS has DAS and it's not nearly as bad as some reviews I looked at. In fact, I have enjoyed it. It's my opinion that some of those reviews must have been done with the lane assist on. I keep that off because with it on, the car drifts and pulls all over the roadway.

·
Registered
44 Posts
i have a 2017 Q60 with DAS & it drives fine, it doesnt pull, i dont have any issues in rain or snow. i dont drive it to the extremes lol. Yea the dunlop run flats are terrible- replaced mine with regular Yokohamas, got a G37 temp spare tire and put it under the trunk floor, after some modifications. bought a scissor jack too, not expensive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts