Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Q60 3.0t Red Sport AWD
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading some of the threads and some are pretty old. Seems we had a contact at a dealer (Courtney) but she is gone and the dealer's website doesnt seem active anymore.

I have a 2017 with 40,500 miles on it and the 2nd owner. I am unsure if I can even buy an extended warranty as the base warranty is now over (4yrs..) ?

If so, is there anyone out there that can recommend a dealer that might offer a fair price for the Elite factory extended warranty?

PS. I know the infotainment system died and was replaced 2yrs ago under warranty. That alone likely is a ton of money.

-Hanadarko

·
Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,429 Posts
theyre a major scam
🤭
Had coils fail on a Altima 3.5. Thank goodness the extended warranty was cheaper than the repair.
Price the infotainment unit on a Q60. Pretty sure some have failed.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i never buy extended warranties...theyre a major scam.....but i dont think you'll be able to get a EW on a 5 yr old car....
I fully understand that thinking. But today with cars/trucks costing $60k+ and one stupid repair costing thousands I am not sure that this thinking is best today. Its old school kind of and something I agree with you on EXCEPT quality and longevity just isnt there on anything made today. Be it a dishwasher that craps out in 4yrs or a car that needs a super expensive turbo.

This car already had the infotainment system replaced once. Under warranty. I cant even imagine what that might cost.

So I got one quote so far..$3500 if I pay it in full vs installments.
All of the Infiniti dealers I spoke to said that they would have no problem applying the warranty as long as they inspected the car at the dealer prior. Thats fair.

But $3500?

On my 19 F250 I was able to snag a 8/48 bumper to bumper minus wear and tear items for $1k. Just by shopping around. My own dealer wanted almost $3k. For a $65,000 truck I think $1k is a decent price to protect it as the factory warranty is up this spring.

To each his own though..its all good. I'm just looking for a decent price and $3500 isnt decent to me for what I want it for..

-Hanadarko

·
Registered
63 Posts
I’ve shopped this around at multiple dealers. just a few notes from my shopping. it’s not an infiniti warranty, it’s a 3rd party warranty. $3500 seems accurate too. i checked 4 dealers, all came in + or - $200 of $3500. also, i believe there may be a deductible too but cannot confirm as i haven’t bought one yet, but probably will. one dealer offered 8yr/80k miles for like $3300..

·
Registered
66 Posts
I fully understand that thinking. But today with cars/trucks costing $60k+ and one stupid repair costing thousands I am not sure that this thinking is best today. Its old school kind of and something I agree with you on EXCEPT quality and longevity just isnt there on anything made today. Be it a dishwasher that craps out in 4yrs or a car that needs a super expensive turbo.

This car already had the infotainment system replaced once. Under warranty. I cant even imagine what that might cost.

So I got one quote so far..$3500 if I pay it in full vs installments.
All of the Infiniti dealers I spoke to said that they would have no problem applying the warranty as long as they inspected the car at the dealer prior. Thats fair.

But $3500?

On my 19 F250 I was able to snag a 8/48 bumper to bumper minus wear and tear items for $1k. Just by shopping around. My own dealer wanted almost $3k. For a $65,000 truck I think $1k is a decent price to protect it as the factory warranty is up this spring.

To each his own though..its all good. I'm just looking for a decent price and $3500 isnt decent to me for what I want it for..

-Hanadarko
yea, that is true about repairs.....it's sad the quality of expensive cars like the Q60 can't last 5-10 yrs w/o a major repair. $3500 seems a high price to pay however....and what are the exclusions - things it WONT cover ? you know it's not going to be 100% coverage.

·
Registered
63 Posts
yea, that is true about repairs.....it's sad the quality of expensive cars like the Q60 can't last 5-10 yrs w/o a major repair. $3500 seems a high price to pay however....and what are the exclusions - things it WONT cover ? you know it's not going to be 100% coverage.
The dealerships I called noted "Bumper to Bumper" so maybe a front lip that is added on wont count lol

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea, anything basically that isnt regular wear and tear. Still too much for a warranty. Typically your better off putting that in the bank and save it aside for the car down the road. If the price is right like on my F250 then I buy it.

F250 was $64k which is higher than the q60s I have bought the 8/60 bumper to bumper was $1050 direct from FORD. Not some knockoff 3rd party crap like "Fred's Car Care Coverage". My dealer wanted $2700. But Ziegler Ford out of Ohio sells them (like the old dealer in AZ used to for this group) and blowout prices. As one person said, its all profit and basically thats FACT!

It must mean something when a cheaper car costs over 3x as much for the same warranty. :unsure::unsure:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts