Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to pull the trigger on a RS with premium plus and AWD (no choice on this, and I have read all the plusses and minuses).

I understand that production has stopped on MY2017, and it seems that the dealers may have incentives to move the last of these.

Is there any feeling on what's a good discount off MSRP on these here in the middle of June?

I've been offered 8% off MSRP, which based my research is already below dealer invoice.

I suspect 10% is possible, but I thought I'd ask to see if anyone has gotten that good of deal.

the lease terms are really, really good. the APR is effectively 0.46% so it's free money. But just trying to get the best deal.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Ask for a 10% discount and see if they'll let you walk without the car.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ask for a 10% discount and see if they'll let you walk without the car.
I eventually asked for and got a bit over 11% off. I got a 39/12 without any markup, and the dealer is going to take my sickly 335 off my hands for a very fair price. He might still be making money off me but I feel that the price was really fair.

The lease terms are insanely good on this and the Q50. The residual was better last fall, but that's normal when you buy at the end of the MY.

I'm going to pick up the car on Sat and do the paperwork. I'll post the details once it's done.

I really coveted an M2, but the numbers are outrageous. I have 529 plans I need to fund as much as possible.....

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
He might still be making money off me but I feel that the price was really fair.
A dealership that doesn't make money will soon be out of business.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A dealership that doesn't make money will soon be out of business.
no doubt. The dealer rebates or whatever must be really high on these right now.

at the end of the day, I felt like the mgr was straightforward and transparent and the numbers were a good deal for me based on everything that I read.

and who can't be excited about a brand new 400 hp car?

·
Registered
95 Posts
How's this? Get the very best (worst) offer you can get from any CA dealer. Then call me and let me make you a little bit better deal. Plus you'll get the best service from any salesperson within 200 miles.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I eventually asked for and got a bit over 11% off. I got a 39/12 without any markup, and the dealer is going to take my sickly 335 off my hands for a very fair price. He might still be making money off me but I feel that the price was really fair.

The lease terms are insanely good on this and the Q50. The residual was better last fall, but that's normal when you buy at the end of the MY.

I'm going to pick up the car on Sat and do the paperwork. I'll post the details once it's done.
I picked the car up on Saturday. I was out the door in less than 90 minutes, and I was very pleased with the buying experience. Everything was straighforward and no surprises when I went in to do the paperwork.

The car is awesome for sure. At least the most relevant part, which is how it drives and the creature comforts for what it is, which is a luxury coupe. The InTouch thing as a whole is underwhelming, but whatever. I'm happy that I found what I wanted without drive-by-wire and the other tech crud that I don't need.

AWD + prem plus + eye candy bits that I probably didn't need, but I was prepared to work with the dealer's YE inventory.

MSRP 59,900
SP 52000

MF 0.00019
RV 54%

nothing down. paid first month plus the typical fees/costs. $1250, I think, total.

$535 month w/o taxes.

I'm on an awesome new-car high.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts