Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I hit a deer not too long ago. Ever since then my car has never driven the same. It was only exterior damage. I got a new bumper, fender, headlight, wheel, tire. This was all on the front driver side. Before I brought the car to the body shop I used the car still to get around. When I hit 60-65mph+ the car had a floating feel to it then did a strong wobble. It almost felt like the front two tires were facing eachother. It wobbled left to right then I immediately pulled over. The car got out of the shop today. They said the allignment is perfect. They think the car is driving perfectly. However, today i drove at 65mph and it happened again. I am a girl addicted to learning about cars and driving cars. I sell cars. I don’t know everything yet. However, I AM PETRIFIED TO DRIVE ever again. I was able to do a 2 hr trip on the highway at 55mph. Anything over I was about to throw up in fear. I am calling my insurance on Monday to see if they’ll cover getting this checked again. Any ideas what the issue is? PLEASE!!!!!! Edited: I forgot to mention: SINCE ONLY after the car came out of the shop, I feel an OCCASIONAL rumbling feel at all speeds. almost like ur going over a bumpy road but I am not. The wobble is the same after the accident from before I brought it in to after. However, the car drives worse after it came out rather than before I brought it in ( due to the rumbling feeling ) … kind of like the back tires are kicking I can’t explain it

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,894 Posts
That damage looks minor. You got a new wheel and tire because of that?

·
Registered
2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD
1,649 Posts
If the front wheel got hit in the accident, then I would check the left tie rod, which could support a great alignment on the rack, but it could have been damaged (impact-induced) so that the ball joint end of tie rod end is loose/has play. That would create a floaty wheel at speed. The tie road adjustment is for controlling toe-in/toe-out of the wheel.

The rumble is likely from the same condition as noted above - the left wheel is oscillating because the tie rod end is loose.

I would take your Q to another shop or the dealership. The original body shop is obviously missing something in their assessment of the left front wheel & suspension.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts