Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone! I am new here and would appreciate any help/information.

I have a 2018 Q60 AWD 3.0 300 Silver Sport that was hit in the front. I bought the Red Sport 3.0 400 complete core support with radiators etc... looking to merge the two coolant pumps together and tune it to push 400. Has anyone done this before ? I'm thinking to just fit a T hose clamp between the two and wire the power to it somehow.
I have read the other forums saying to get the single ams water pump but spending the extra $500 is ridiculous!
Also installing BOV, any brand recommendations ? Thinking of just going with the HKS..

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,218 Posts
Welcome and good luck

Reactions: Beazt_253

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice! Im considering welding on an electric exhaust cutout just because I don't want the car being loud all the time. Also had a question concerning the back pressure for the turbos? When modifying the exhaust don't the turbos need a certain amount of back pressure? I don't know much about modifying exhaust setups... so I'm wondering if the downpipes are necessary to replace and whatnot.. not really trying to put all that money into making the car louder and gain an extra couple HP, not my kind of thing... I'm more of a visual modification kind of person. Just installed Starlights in my roof liner :)

Attachments

·
Registered
226 Posts
When modifying the exhaust don't the turbos need a certain amount of back pressure?
No, you actually want no back-pressure with a forced induced system such as a turbocharger; you want the exhaust gases to escape as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Reactions: Beazt_253
1 - 8 of 8 Posts