Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if there has been any recent information released regarding the future release of the Q60 Black S such as possible release date and pricing. Thanks.

Reactions: Need4Speed Girl

·
Registered
479 Posts
No information as far as pricing. At the unveil presentation they stated they would need a little time to tweak and test it. I am expecting it in 2019 as a 2020 model.

·
Registered
159 Posts
My understanding is that it will be released in 2018 as a 2019 model, or at least that's their current target. I'm expecting it to be a 2020 model when the new GTR is released that way they bump its horsepower up as well and it remains at the top of the food chain.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Is there anything in this thread that isn't pure speculation though? I'm pretty sure Infiniti hasn't even actually confirmed that all the specs were finalized or that they were anywhere close to a production-ready drivetrain to accommodate the hybrid engine...

I'd love to see the Black S get made as soon as 2019 or 2020 but is there any actual, concrete info from Infiniti besides the unveiling to gauge interest?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Is there anything in this thread that isn't pure speculation though? I'm pretty sure Infiniti hasn't even actually confirmed that all the specs were finalized or that they were anywhere close to a production-ready drivetrain to accommodate the hybrid engine...

I'd love to see the Black S get made as soon as 2019 or 2020 but is there any actual, concrete info from Infiniti besides the unveiling to gauge interest?
I've been told by someone who works at a dealership that the Infiniti trainers have talked about it and that its green lit for production.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thx for the replies all. My lease on my current Q50s AWD ends mid-2018 so looking forward to seeing what Infiniti will have outfor the Q60 line at that time. Also looking at the Q60 Red Sport or Q60s AWD as a possibility for next car. No DAS/Hybrid for me though lol.

·
Registered
175 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
If you have the time, ask around at your local dealership, speaking to a tech would be ideal. When going for training sometimes techs get inside information on future developments. What they see through service manuals often provide hints of that.

Keep us posted if you get any answers.

·
Registered
189 Posts
The latest Motor Trend, July , "Future Cars Issue" says 2019 or later at $65-70K.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I don't see how the Black S is going to be a $65-70k car, unless we're talking about a completely base-level model...i'd imagine kitted out that it's going to be AT LEAST $75K and easily around the $80K+ mark...we are talking about a complete 500hp KERS-based hybrid system here with some exterior design tweaks and probably upgraded wheels, tires and interior...this thing would smoke the BMW M line, and even M4s are already at like $75K+ for a loaded 444hp model....

That said, i'm for sure willing to upgrade to this when available, but I expect to be paying significantly more than what is being quoted by Motor Trend, lol...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Will never happen, they aren't going to make it. Simply an exercise in trying to build hype around a dull car. ****, Nissan appears to be killing off the Z too.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Will never happen, they aren't going to make it. Simply an exercise in trying to build hype around a dull car. ****, Nissan appears to be killing off the Z too.
Don't be so sure. Take a look at this Pirelli partners with Infiniti for 'Project Black S' tire
I think this partnership could be an incentive for Infiniti to make this happen. Also, I've never really seen another company spend time and money developing a product for a car unless it was serious. It's one thing to just use branding, but if they begin developing a tire exclusively for Infiniti then I'm willing to bet we'll see a Black S or something like it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I imagine Motor Trend was speaking of a 'base price'. We know once the packages are added on we will have a more realistic idea of what it will really cost. The general public is trying to choose between 12 different sizes of the SUV, the sports coupe market is mighty small. The current Z is not really selling all that well and neither is the Q60 for that matter. But the Black S might still be built!

·
Registered
25 Posts

Don't be so sure. Take a look at this Pirelli partners with Infiniti for 'Project Black S' tire
I think this partnership could be an incentive for Infiniti to make this happen. Also, I've never really seen another company spend time and money developing a product for a car unless it was serious. It's one thing to just use branding, but if they begin developing a tire exclusively for Infiniti then I'm willing to bet we'll see a Black S or something like it.
I'm still not buying it. Name the last Nissan or Infiniti that came with Pirelli tires. Nope, not a one. Bridgestone. It's a Japanese company.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I don't see how the Black S is going to be a $65-70k car, unless we're talking about a completely base-level model...i'd imagine kitted out that it's going to be AT LEAST $75K and easily around the $80K+ mark...we are talking about a complete 500hp KERS-based hybrid system here with some exterior design tweaks and probably upgraded wheels, tires and interior...this thing would smoke the BMW M line, and even M4s are already at like $75K+ for a loaded 444hp model....

That said, i'm for sure willing to upgrade to this when available, but I expect to be paying significantly more than what is being quoted by Motor Trend, lol...
This has been beat to death. Who the **** in their right might is going to pay anywhere near that much when you can buy a GTR at that point?

M3 is built from the ground up, not stuffed into a bloated body like the Q60 is. If all things point to them using the same Q60 body then you cant overcome its weaknesses like suspension design, and overall component material. It just gets heavier and heavier.

Again, going back to price, Infiniti simply doesnt have the same pedigree to command that type of pricing. KERS or not. Nissan can barely sell GTR's which are much more capable minus the KERS.
Everyone drools over the Black S, but people wont be buying them. There are select few who purchase the Red Sport models as is, divide that by 20 for a black S if its beyond 70k.
At this point there is far too much competition when you get to 60k+ market, far more established competitors. The only way I foresee Infiniti selling any at that price is heavy discounts, similar to what Nissan did the first 2 years of GTR production.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
The only way I foresee Infiniti selling any at that price is heavy discounts, similar to what Nissan did the first 2 years of GTR production.
Funny, I don't remember seeing any heavy discounts when I purchased my GTR...seeing as it's a 2010, it should have qualified for these heavy discounts Nissan was offering. :laugh:

Can't believe I got the runaround instead trying to buy one! :D

·
Registered
327 Posts
This has been beat to death. Who the **** in their right might is going to pay anywhere near that much when you can buy a GTR at that point?

M3 is built from the ground up, not stuffed into a bloated body like the Q60 is. If all things point to them using the same Q60 body then you cant overcome its weaknesses like suspension design, and overall component material. It just gets heavier and heavier.

Again, going back to price, Infiniti simply doesnt have the same pedigree to command that type of pricing. KERS or not. Nissan can barely sell GTR's which are much more capable minus the KERS.
Everyone drools over the Black S, but people wont be buying them. There are select few who purchase the Red Sport models as is, divide that by 20 for a black S if its beyond 70k.
At this point there is far too much competition when you get to 60k+ market, far more established competitors. The only way I foresee Infiniti selling any at that price is heavy discounts, similar to what Nissan did the first 2 years of GTR production.
Probably the best opinion on this that I've seen. For that type of price point, you're open to buying so many other vehicles that are a lot more capable, and much more satisfying to say than I've spent $70k+ on a Q60. I don't care what kind of edition it is, but at that price point, it just doesn't make sense at all.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts