153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
61 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
It's ridiculous to expect any major interior changes after only 1 year of production. We likely won't see any major changes to the interior or exterior for another 5+ years.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Any major changes???. Anyone that actually read thru all that lol. Just renaming of packages and new 20s on the RS with wider wheels, and new color.
Looks like the wheels are bigger, but unfortunately not wider. 20x9 AWD and 20x9/20x9.5 RWD

·
Registered
359 Posts
Changes appear to be
  • Red Sport gets 20 inch wheels
  • New color: Solar Mica (no photo available in the press kit)
  • Adopting brand-wide nomenclature: PURE, LUXE, SPORT, RED SPORT

I can't find any other changes.

Oh and apparently Solar Mica is the gross gold/brown color (I think from the Neiman Marcus edition)

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Thanks for the link and the quick summary guys.

I've stickied this one so everyone who's been waiting anxiously (expecting Infiniti to make changes to the 2018 MY Q60) will see asap.

Btw, I think an interior refresh will probably happen for the 2020 MY or 2021 MY (after the new GTR reveal maybe)....or that's what I hope at least. I'm thinking if they really do release the BS version (black sport :D), then it will come out for the 2019MY as a low volume, high priced special edition or something (geared towards the track).

·
Registered
159 Posts
Thanks for th elink and the quick summary guys.

I've stickied this one so everyone who's been waiting anxiously (expecting Infiniti to make changes to the 2018 MY Q60) will see asap.

Btw, I think an interior refresh will probably happen for the 2020 MY or 2021 MY (after the new GTR reveal maybe)....or that's what I hope at least. I'm thinking if they really do release the BS version (black sport :D), then it will come out for the 2019MY as a low volume, high priced special edition or something (geared towards the track).
Ya. I'm seriously hoping they release it in 2019/2020. my lease will be up for upgrade then, so that would be perfect. (If the price isn't extremely extravagant)

Reactions: testrage

·
Registered
479 Posts
Thanks for th elink and the quick summary guys.

2019 sounds about right. My plan was always to pick up a new 2019/2020 Q60, so that will line up quite nicely! :D

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Curious what the new 20 wheels look like. Good to see the AWD is getting wider tires. Should improve traction even further.
So if they are going with bigger wheels then why did the scrap the 20" wheels on the 2017 MY? It was originally supposed to come out with 20" wheels.

·
Registered
430 Posts
My history from this time last year of pre ordering any 2017 Q60. The Solar Mica color was listed on the very first pre order info from my local Infiniti dealer. When you could actually order one, it was gone. BTW 20 inch wheels were on the RS (might have been an option) but then they were gone . Apparently the initial pre production car that was driven around to dealers had 20 inch wheels and they weren't allowed to take a photo of them because the Infiniti Engineers didn't like the feel of them and they wenrn't going to be on the production car.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
So if they are going with bigger wheels then why did the scrap the 20" wheels on the 2017 MY? It was originally supposed to come out with 20" wheels.
I bet it was due to one of the following reasons-
- they hadn't had enough time to validate the wheels and the impact on ride quality, comfort, etc
- they weren't able to build up a sufficient enough bank of wheels for the build (maybe the wheel release was delayed or supplier couldn't run them quickly enough)
- they couldn't get the price for the wheels to meet their price point

Maybe it was all 3...wonder if I'm forgetting something :confused:

·
Registered
33 Posts
20" wheels might not be a big deal to some, but in reality they will make a huge impact. Wheels make or break the cars look in many ways. Not only do the Q50 RS wheels look small on the Q60, they dont match the curvy styling.
20" also fill the gap where its almost nonexistent.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks for the link. The text says 20" wheels but not the photos.

The 2018 press kit has 160-odd JPG files, and all the photos show 19" tires.

Looks like the 20" wheels weren't available at the time the press release went out.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Glad to read that the RS models get 20 inch wheels. Curious to what they look like - perhaps like the ones on the early press cars which looked great.

Really wasn't expecting much changes for year 2 models. Things I was hoping for was apple carplay/android auto (which I knew to be unlikely since 2018 Q50 doesn't have it). Also to further differentiate the RS models - performance exhaust should be standard. Other cars in it's class like the S5 and C43 have meaner exhausts.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Thanks for the link. The text says 20" wheels but not the photos.

The 2018 press kit has 160-odd JPG files, and all the photos show 19" tires.

Looks like the 20" wheels weren't available at the time the press release went out.
Yeah, looks like 100% of their press release photos are borrowed from the 2017 press release. I'll guess we'll have to wait to see what the 20" wheels look like. :(

·
Registered
23 Posts
We're starting to see early reports of the 2018 Q60.

Some of them use press kit photos provided by Infiniti, and we've already noted those photos have 19" wheels and tires on the RS400.

There's one site that states they took their own pictures of the 2018 Q60 RS400 at thetruthaboutcars.com, and it looks like 19" wheels and tires on the car they got for evaluation.

Search for "Picture Time: 2018 Infiniti Q60 Red Sport 400" and see if you agree. The article is dated Thursday, two days ago.

I wasn't paying close attention when the 2017 model rolled out, but didn't they promise 20" and deliver 19"? Are they doing it again?

Disclaimer: I like the 19" wheels (though not the tires) on Grandma's 2017 RS400 AWD.

Grandpa

1 - 20 of 51 Posts