Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All - I can't find any news for the 2020 refresh, which is strange this late in the year. Has anybody heard anything?

I'm hoping that Android Auto finally arrives, vs me having to replace the headunit, which seems hard in this car.

Currently a happy owner of a G35, but thinking it's time to upgrade =)

·
Registered
195 Posts
How does someone with an existing setup get this to work... I'm sure some firmware has to be added to the car's head unit. More information is needed.

·
Registered
44 Posts
How does someone with an existing setup get this to work... I'm sure some firmware has to be added to the car's head unit. More information is needed.

Was wondering the same thing, unless there's something that has to be added hardware wise.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Two dealers I spoke to in NorCal said no interior or exterior refresh this year. My lease is up so I'll take a hard look elsewhere, especially the Lexus RC350 F Sport.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Two dealers I spoke to in NorCal said no interior or exterior refresh this year. My lease is up so I'll take a hard look elsewhere, especially the Lexus RC350 F Sport.

I would have thought the Q60 would get the Q50 updates to the interior (checkered leather seating, red stitching on redsport) and some exterior updates.

Perhaps Infiniti isn't spending any more resources on this model...

·
Registered
44 Posts
I really wanted to replace the top screen,

The only thing I discovered is using Raspberry Pi and making your own Head unit to replace the top screen.

Was thinking to just use the stock unit to bluetooth connect to the Pi and connect my phone to the Pi via USB for Android auto and then play music from there

·
Registered
44 Posts
https://infinitinews.com/en-US/infiniti/usa/releases/infiniti-what-s-new-for-2020

2020 INFINITI Q60 – Available fall 2019
The iconic INFINITI Q60 performance coupe remains relatively unchanged for the 2020 model year, save for the addition of a new IT system and RED SPORT 400 accent trim colors.

A total of six 2020 Q60 models are offered:

Two 2.0-liter 4-cylinder turbo models:
Four 300-horsepower, 3.0t twin-turbo V6 models: Q60 3.0t PURE, Q60 3.0t PURE AWD, Q60 3.0t LUXE and Q60 3.0t LUXE AWD
The 400-horsepower Q60 RED SPORT 400 and RED SPORT 400 AWD
Full details will be provided closer to availability of the 2020 Q60 in fall 2019.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm surprised they're still offering the 4 cylinder turbo on the Q60 when the Q50's have phased it out.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm surprised they're still offering the 4 cylinder turbo on the Q60 when the Q50's have phased it out.
Um think some bad info here since we dropped the 2.0 in 2019 on the Q60. I’ve seen the order sheets for 2020 and 2.0 wasn’t an option.

————-
Also to the guy saying he would lease a RC350 from Lexus which is a coupe when we have the Q60 that is vastly superior.

Have you driven both? I have and the only coupe from Lexus better than ours is the LC and it’s a 100k.

Q50 2021 will get slight revision before a new style comes out but more engine choices on the horizon.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I love my 2017 Q60RS but my lease is up in 5 months and I will not get that crappy informant system for the 3rd time (previously on 2014 Q50S Hybrid). That leaves me with getting a 2020 Mercedes C43 coupe.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I love my 2017 Q60RS but my lease is up in 5 months and I will not get that crappy informant system for the 3rd time (previously on 2014 Q50S Hybrid). That leaves me with getting a 2020 Mercedes C43 coupe.
You should at least check out the new updated infotainment software for 2020. It is actually pretty sweet, the touch is far more responsive, HD upper and lower displays, over the air map updates for 5 years. They changed the map provider to Tomtom from 'Here', way smoother refresh rate as you're driving, and as this thread says Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. If you don't want to cable hook up it'll do Siri EyesFree over bluetooth and the same thing for Android with the Google assistant. Definitely worth looking at.

·
Registered
44 Posts
What was posted came from the Infiniti New site, now they updated:

2020 INFINITI Q60 – Available fall 2019
The iconic INFINITI Q60 performance coupe remains relatively unchanged for the 2020 model year, save for the addition of a new IT system and RED SPORT 400 accent trim colors.

A total of six 2020 Q60 models are offered:

Four 300-horsepower, 3.0t twin-turbo V6 models: Q60 3.0t PURE, Q60 3.0t PURE AWD, Q60 3.0t LUXE and Q60 3.0t LUXE AWD
The 400-horsepower Q60 RED SPORT 400 and RED SPORT 400 AWD
Full details will be provided closer to availability of the 2020 Q60 in fall 2019

1 - 20 of 29 Posts