Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I鈥檓 a new member to the forum, as I just got a 2017 Quick60 RS (馃槈) I financed it at first but I鈥檝e fallen deeply in love with this car I just payed off the car note and now I officially own my Q.
car is sitting at 41k miles....
was wondering what are some mods or changes I can make to make my Q better in all areas ? I don鈥檛 really care for more speed because the rs power is more than enough for me as I live in nyc. In terms of fluids, tires, filters, even a blow off valve (is it worth it?) and what about an oil catch pan? Any other info would be deeply appreciated, thanks again guys!!! Drive safe everyone !!!!

Super Moderator
Welcome

Reactions: Cboogie98

Registered
Welcome! Go pick up one of the CarPlay/Android Auto modules from SmartAutoKits.com. Easily the best thing I've done to mine. I think they are all out of stock currently but he restocks pretty frequently

Reactions: Cboogie98

Registered
There's conflicting discussion on whether an OCC or BOVs actually make a difference or prolong the health of the car, but I wasn't taking the risk so I got them anyway. Here's my recommendations for you, in order, and why:

1. Heat Exchanger - OEM HX is small and not sufficient to prevent heat soak, which our cars are very prone to. Not as big of an issue for you in the north, but I know your summers get hot too.
2. Exhaust - OEM exhaust note is too quiet for my taste. Minor performance upgrade, but sound will be better.
3. Tires. For daily driving, Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s. Not great at sticking, but if you're not racing and or stock power they are fine. If you're trying to have fun, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S.
4. Drop in filters or AMS Intakes. It's been proven that none of the intakes on the market actually increase performance because the OEM intakes are so efficient. AMS is the only one that gives you a little more sound/boost in power.
5. Either Mishimoto or Add W2 catch can. I prefer the W2 because it's more aesthetically pleasing to me. It actually captures a decent amount of oil.
6. Some kind of Tesla-style screen for the car. I have the Phoenix Mk III and I love it. You'll see a lot of people talk sh!t on these, but most of them either have never touched a Phoenix and are just going off of other people's complaints, or they used to have an older model that had tons of bugs in them. The Mk III is leaps and bounds ahead of where the 1.5 and 2 were. I think Rhino also makes one, but I'm not familiar with their company.

Everything else is just creature comforts and aesthetics. Carbon Fiber this and that, LED lighting, etc. It's a money pit. I think I'm about $27k deep in mods at this point. Yes, I'm an idiot lol.

Super Moderator

Registered

Registered
It's a money pit. I think I'm about $27k deep in mods at this point. Yes, I'm an idiot lol.
You and @JohnInNH (2018 Q50S) can compare receipts. I'm up there, too, with the potential of Pure Turbos, Fuel Injectors, and Spool Performance HPFP in Spring '21.

Reactions: spyderman7000

Registered
You and @JohnInNH (2018 Q50S) can compare receipts. I'm up there, too, with the potential of Pure Turbos, Fuel Injectors, and Spool Performance HPFP in Spring '21.
Man and I didn't even want to dive into the upgraded turbo route. That would've easily been anther 15 large in mods for built internals to survive that power!

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
There's conflicting discussion on whether an OCC or BOVs actually make a difference or prolong the health of the car, but I wasn't taking the risk so I got them anyway. Here's my recommendations for you, in order, and why:

1. Heat Exchanger - OEM HX is small and not sufficient to prevent heat soak, which our cars are very prone to. Not as big of an issue for you in the north, but I know your summers get hot too.
2. Exhaust - OEM exhaust note is too quiet for my taste. Minor performance upgrade, but sound will be better.
3. Tires. For daily driving, Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s. Not great at sticking, but if you're not racing and or stock power they are fine. If you're trying to have fun, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S.
4. Drop in filters or AMS Intakes. It's been proven that none of the intakes on the market actually increase performance because the OEM intakes are so efficient. AMS is the only one that gives you a little more sound/boost in power.
5. Either Mishimoto or Add W2 catch can. I prefer the W2 because it's more aesthetically pleasing to me. It actually captures a decent amount of oil.
6. Some kind of Tesla-style screen for the car. I have the Phoenix Mk III and I love it. You'll see a lot of people talk sh!t on these, but most of them either have never touched a Phoenix and are just going off of other people's complaints, or they used to have an older model that had tons of bugs in them. The Mk III is leaps and bounds ahead of where the 1.5 and 2 were. I think Rhino also makes one, but I'm not familiar with their company.

Everything else is just creature comforts and aesthetics. Carbon Fiber this and that, LED lighting, etc. It's a money pit. I think I'm about $27k deep in mods at this point. Yes, I'm an idiot lol.
Thanks for the reply bro, I have these written down in my notes. I just dropped a whole new set up for my Fz07 so looks like the Q will be running stock for a while. I drive it maybe 4 times a month because I curb rashed one of the rims trying to parallel park in nyc streets. so I leave her in the driveway. Does any of these mods add wear and tear on oem components? Like with the exhaust, would I need a new map for A/F ratio??

Registered
Thanks for the reply bro, I have these written down in my notes. I just dropped a whole new set up for my Fz07 so looks like the Q will be running stock for a while. I drive it maybe 4 times a month because I curb rashed one of the rims trying to parallel park in nyc streets. so I leave her in the driveway. Does any of these mods add wear and tear on oem components? Like with the exhaust, would I need a new map for A/F ratio??
Na, you should be fine with all of that. If you get a tune, that's what's going to be putting extra work on your engine components, among some other mods that you're not really interested in.

Registered
Welcome!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts