Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, got my 30% window tint done yesterday. Black spoiler delivers Monday, then the LOOONNNGGG wait for my FI catback and downpipe... Hopefully by April.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
That matches the car perfectly. The black tail and possibly the sports grille would probably go really well.

Only concern I'd have with white is if there will be any carbon build-up on the rear from getting rid of the rear cats.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That matches the car perfectly. The black tail and possibly the sports grille would probably go really well.

Only concern I'd have with white is if there will be any carbon build-up on the rear from getting rid of the rear cats.
Sports grill?? Is the sports grill different then mine? (Yeah, Il requires a front license plate... Which sucks balls)

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Sports grill?? Is the sports grill different then mine? (Yeah, Il requires a front license plate... Which sucks balls)
Yeah, the sports grille is all black. There is no chrome on it except for the Infiniti badge/emblem.

And yeah, front license plate sucks. That's why I live in the south :D. We're a special kind of crazy but that is worth it when it means not marring the front lines of your car with a stupid license plate....;)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, the sports grille is all black. There is no chrome on it except for the Infiniti badge/emblem.

And yeah, front license plate sucks. That's why I live in the south :D. We're a special kind of crazy but that is worth it when it means not marring the front lines of your car with a stupid license plate....;)
Ahhh. Gotcha... Gonna have to add that to the "to-do" list. LMAO on the living in the south comments :laugh:

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Alternate Plate Bracket

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can't bring myself to drill holes in my baby!! Holding out hope the state will change the law soon, which they should!

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
I can't bring myself to drill holes in my baby!! Holding out hope the state will change the law soon, which they should!
There are no holes to drill. There are two dimples in the front grille that the bracket is screwed into.

P.10-15 in the owner's manual

That alternative plate pictured mounts under the lip

Reactions: Emmjay

·
Registered
33 Posts
Looks really nice. I've always had 20% on mine but am considering doing 35% this time around. The cops around here don't love the tint and I've already been pulled over for it once. Just worried 35% isn't going to be dark enough.

Decisions. Decisions. Decisions.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Looks really nice. I've always had 20% on mine but am considering doing 35% this time around. The cops around here don't love the tint and I've already been pulled over for it once. Just worried 35% isn't going to be dark enough.

Decisions. Decisions. Decisions.
I have 35% all around and I feel like it's definitely dark enough, especially on a Pure White car w/ Red interior....it's extremely noticeable. I feel like 20% on a car as nice as the Q60 is too much....35% is dark enough to make a difference aesthetically but also maintain a very classy look for such an expensive car.

Any tint on the front in California is a no-no, but I've never been hassled for it and my last car (Altima coupe) also had 35% all around and I never got a ticket in the 5 years I owned it. I'm also running a double whammy of tint + no front license plate on my Q60....and in the 5 weeks that i've been driving it (pretty much daily) i've been stopped next to, in front of and behind local Sheriffs/Highway Patrol officers and not one has been bothered to pull me over, even after glancing at my car.

The way I see it, tint/no front license plate are pay-to-play 'privileges' in states where they're ticket-able so I just factor in a couple hundreds bucks or so yearly as cost-of-ownership extras just in case. >:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts