Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may of seen this grainy spy shot of an undisclosed Nissan. no one has been able to figure out just what exactly the grainy image is of. I think I cracked the mystery.

Check out what i found over on Car and Driver:

The rendering and this picture definitely share some design similarities... I'm not going to far to say ok hello Q60, but I'm saying we are on the right track.

They both have similar front fender arches and belt line that swoops out to meet the rear wheel arches. The faces are different, but the roofline and deck line match up well with each other. They're even wearing similar rims...

picture from C&D 2016 Nissan Z: 25 Cars Worth Waiting For 2014–2017 – Future Cars – Car and Driver

·
Registered
228 Posts
I guess the official photo above gives more ammo to the one below allowing us to deem it close to the production model. It would be cool if the headlights off the top rendering were on the one below since the one below has more of a boxy look.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I doubt the Q60 would end up looking like this rendering of the 370z. It might have some or very few similarities but the rendering image just holds the Z personality.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I doubt the Q60 would end up looking like this rendering of the 370z. It might have some or very few similarities but the rendering image just holds the Z personality.
Sure its not going to Look like the 370Z but the fact that there is a new Z floating around means theres a Q60 floating around.

Considering 370Z gives all the bones to the Q60 id say following 370 is as close as were going to get to clues about Q60...

·
Registered
76 Posts
I doubt it... the 370z doesn't look like it will go through much change anyways. I wouldn't rely on it but it is a possibility. anything to keep me busy since its been a bone dry desert for news.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I doubt it... the 370z doesn't look like it will go through much change anyways. I wouldn't rely on it but it is a possibility. anything to keep me busy since its been a bone dry desert for news.
I can see big changing happening, the 370Z is almost 6 years old! It's nearing the end of it's production cycle life.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well if you have been in the Q60 news from Frankfurt thread you would of seen that the 370 is in fact changing.

Nissan wnats the 370Z to be an entirely new sports car.

Rumors has it the redesigned 370 could borrowing styling from the Juke Nismo. Now 370 styling obviously has very little do with the Q60, but if 370 is shrinking than so is Q60 unless the two are going to be separated.

If the two are being separated than it opens up an even bigger chasm, HOW will they be different? Will Q60 continue on a shortened FM platform while 370 goes off in its own direction. and if 370 goes in a new direction does infiniti use that vehicle as well, if so then where?

questions, questions, questions...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
there's also this which gives us a good look at the future of nissan's designs:

What is that, the new Maxima? You can see how it shares some features with the 370Z rendering and the grainy picture... So there probably is a Q60 lurking in that cell phone picture somewhere...

·
Registered
116 Posts
there's also this which gives us a good look at the future of nissan's designs:

thanks for sharing, we can see how it shares the same design features as the 370z above. I actually like it, it's something I would buy. Even better, it's realistic, something that can be done on a production model level.

·
Registered
95 Posts
It's such a grainy image though...

It does look like Nissan's new design language. You can see it in some of the concepts revealed in LA this year.

I think its basically a continuation of the styling we saw for the Juke.

·
Registered
228 Posts
It's such a grainy image though...

It does look like Nissan's new design language. You can see it in some of the concepts revealed in LA this year.

I think its basically a continuation of the styling we saw for the Juke.
that photo looks a bit off, seems like it was compressed and messed up the proportions of the nissan coupe. either way it's amazing and does share a lot of nissans new design language.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts