Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the site and new owner of a Q60 IPL gray with red interior 20 inch Vossen wheels. I would like any information abou getting the front paint protected.

Thanks Steve

·
Registered
228 Posts
Nothing really to know

The hardest part is finding a good quality installer.
If you're a newb, it's good to watch a video like that just to get a better understanding. For most it will come down to finding that good installer, definitely not an easy thing to do.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I think the scariest thing about this is having it installed properly. You don't want any air bubbles and you don't want it to start peeling at all. What does a process like this cost though. Anyone know?

·
Registered
225 Posts
I think the scariest thing about this is having it installed properly. You don't want any air bubbles and you don't want it to start peeling at all. What does a process like this cost though. Anyone know?
Im sure they have some sort of warranty or coverage for it like what's offered for window tinting. plus it's also the customers job to look over it, make sure they're happy.

·
Registered
364 Posts
air bubbles aren't usually too big of a problem. it has more to do with an accurate cut and applying it without damaging to be honest.

·
Registered
225 Posts
air bubbles aren't usually too big of a problem. it has more to do with an accurate cut and applying it without damaging to be honest.
that and even proper preparation of the surface before applying the clear layer. It would suck to finish the job only to notice an imperfection in the paint that could have been dealt with before.

·
Registered
364 Posts
The top brands right now in terms of film manufactures are

VentureShield
Nano Fusion
XPEL
3M/Scotchguard

The 3M film is starting to age as the technolodgy has not made any innovations since its introduction in the mid 2000s (from what I remember)

There is always constant changes and new competition coming out for paint protection film (the proper term coined to this technology/product)

The most important thing is to know that paint protection film does not last forever like many people like to believe. Depending on how hard you drive the car it will lasts 2-5 years. You WILL have to replace it eventually (if you keep the car long enough)

More importantly.. Find a GOOD installer.

How? Read reviews on forums of installers. Search on google.

Go and check out the establishment.

Is it clean?
Are they organized?
Are they practicing methods that raise immediate concerns to you?
Is the film cut digitally or by hand?

I've seen installers use razor blades directly on paint to cut the film. You can already imagine how that is a bad idea.

·
Registered
228 Posts
The top brands right now in terms of film manufactures are

VentureShield
Nano Fusion
XPEL
3M/Scotchguard

The 3M film is starting to age as the technolodgy has not made any innovations since its introduction in the mid 2000s (from what I remember)

There is always constant changes and new competition coming out for paint protection film (the proper term coined to this technology/product)

The most important thing is to know that paint protection film does not last forever like many people like to believe. Depending on how hard you drive the car it will lasts 2-5 years. You WILL have to replace it eventually (if you keep the car long enough)

More importantly.. Find a GOOD installer.

How? Read reviews on forums of installers. Search on google.

Go and check out the establishment.

Is it clean?
Are they organized?
Are they practicing methods that raise immediate concerns to you?
Is the film cut digitally or by hand?

I've seen installers use razor blades directly on paint to cut the film. You can already imagine how that is a bad idea.
great tips, it does help to follow some sort of guide line and attack plan for finding a good installer. doing your research is key, just about anyone will claim they can do a good job. their definition of "good" is to be questioned.

·
Registered
364 Posts
yep. go visit the shop. look for photos of work they have done. cars they have worked on.

reviews from real members/owners.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts