Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 Infiniti Q60 3.0t Luxe AWD. What are the major performance differences between the 3.0t Luxe AWD and the S Sport?

Is it possible to get 400 HP from a 3.0t without breaking the bank?

·
Registered
149 Posts
A tune alone will make a Luxe faster than a stock Red Sport. The Silver Sport engine is identical to the Luxe. In fact, a Red Sport engine is identical to a Luxe, except Infiniti has a more aggressive tune on the Red Sports. In addition to an ECM tune, AMS Performance has staged upgrade packages.

·
45 Posts
Yes, 400HP is very achievable with the Luxe version.

The first place to start is with upgraded breathing modifications including an exhaust system and intakes. Tuning will also be required to get you to your goal of 400 HP.

- Kevin

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, 400HP is very achievable with the Luxe version.

The first place to start is with upgraded breathing modifications including an exhaust system and intakes. Tuning will also be required to get you to your goal of 400 HP.

- Kevin
Do you have any relationships with shops located in Long Island, New York who can install your products?

Approximately how much will it cost parts only?

·
45 Posts
Do you have any relationships with shops located in Long Island, New York who can install your products?

Approximately how much will it cost parts only?
Yes, you can contact Brooklyn Motors in New York for installation.

Check out our website for all pricing and options: Fast Intentions - Q60 Exhaust

If you'd like to discuss more options please give us a call directly.

- Kevin

·
Registered
581 Posts
The Red Sport does have paddle shifters, twin water pumps and optical speed sensors on the turbos that the others do not.
Also Sport+ drive mode, "S" badging, electronically-dampening shocks, Red Akenbono brake calipers, specific (heavy) gray metallic wheels, and a different final drive ratio, to name a few more...

·
Registered
295 Posts
I live about 20 minutes away. Do you have a shop?
nice! Local. I dont have a shop, however i have AMS heat exchanger/ AMS intakes/ Z1 lower downpipes/ Fast intentions exhaust/ HKS BOV/ and EcuTek tuned.. I know good shops around the area though that could do installs and tunes if you wanted to go that route in the future. The end of this month im driving to RT tuning in PA and getting re-tuned by them.

just to get 400 hp ... Lower dp, heat exchanger and tune.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nice! Local. I dont have a shop, however i have AMS heat exchanger/ AMS intakes/ Z1 lower downpipes/ Fast intentions exhaust/ HKS BOV/ and EcuTek tuned.. I know good shops around the area though that could do installs and tunes if you wanted to go that route in the future. The end of this month im driving to RT tuning in PA and getting re-tuned by them.

just to get 400 hp ... Lower dp, heat exchanger and tune.
I have a conservative job. Sometimes I take clients to lunch/dinner in my car. I want increased performance but I do not want to offend some clients with a performance package which is too loud.

I also don't want to void my manufacturer's warranty.

Any recommendations?

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have a conservative job. Sometimes I take clients to lunch/dinner in my car. I want increased performance but I do not want to offend some clients with a performance package which is too loud.

I also don't want to void my manufacturer's warranty.

Any recommendations?
AMS heat exchanger and a good tune you'll probably be at 400.. if you have an instagram check out RT tuning, they post videos of q50/q60 with all different types of mods.. i saw them post that set up once before i can try to find it for you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a similar question. I have a redsport and my wife has a luxe 3.0. If everything is the same on both cars, (motor, turbos, transmision), can a simple tune with no additional parts bring her car up to 400hp?

·
Registered
149 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I called AMS and they said that the Q60 3.0 could reach the numbers in the link you provided, Malmby, 400whp and 460tq. My question is -- why does everyone say you need LDP and CBE to reach those figures? If I can get 400/460 that would be a good start for modding. The only other mod would be the HE for obvious reasons. Any feedback on this would be appreciated.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I called AMS and they said that the Q60 3.0 could reach the numbers in the link you provided, Malmby, 400whp and 460tq. My question is -- why does everyone say you need LDP and CBE to reach those figures? If I can get 400/460 that would be a good start for modding. The only other mod would be the HE for obvious reasons. Any feedback on this would be appreciated.
Out platform has two major bottlenecks: exhaust and heat. The Heat Exchanger upgrade helps greatly with the heat-soak issues that limit subsequent pulls and longer durations of high-speed runs, such as on the track. Upgrading the lower downpipes removes the second set of catalytic converters, freeing up exhaust to flow more efficiently. (When exhaust cannot flow well, it backs up and prevents engine from being more efficient as the exhaust has bottlenecked progress.) After the second set of cats, the Y-pipe, mid-pipe, and muffler is the next largest bottleneck on the exhaust; upgrade these to further improve exhaust flow, allowing for better performance.

·
Registered
581 Posts
When exhaust cannot flow well, it backs up and prevents engine from being more efficient as the exhaust has bottlenecked progress.
Especially in a twin-turbo car. Sure, you can get great dyno numbers w/o DPs & CBE, but it's a "flash in the pan", where you achieve high numbers for a short duration of the engine's torque band. Too much back-pressure will cause the turbos to quickly fall out of their efficiency curve, and they will build-up specific heat rather than flow cooler air back through the intercoolers. Bad for the turbos, and bad for driveability (more knock retard).

Conversely, with lower back-pressure, it will allow the engine to maintain high boost pressure within the efficiency of the turbo for a longer time, which will fatten the torque curve on the engine. That's how my modded Q60 Red Sport behaves - I can drive around without getting close to high rpm/redline, yet walk-away from most other vehicles because I can dial-up the fat torque band in the low to mid rpm as I shift through the gears.>:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts