Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
What is going on with tire sizes on the Red Sport 400 RWD?
In anticipation of the availability of the Build option on the Infiniti web site I've been trying to configure a 400 RWD. The material that I've been using consists of the Q60 brochure available as a PDF. I've also been using the chart that is generated on the Build pages named "Compare All Models". On the strength of those docs I've decided that I would like to consider placing an order for a 400 RWD. One factor in this choice is the conventional, not run flat, tires in a 19" size. According to the above docs these are standard on the 400 RWD. Now that the Build process is available the output states that the tires are run flat and 20". What gives? Dealer is trying to sort out the inconsistency. Anybody else not wanting run flats have an answer? I'd hate to think that I may be reconsidering my decision based on change in tire/wheel size and type. I don't think 20" or run flats are a good idea in northern Ohio.

·
Super Moderator
2,077 Posts
What is going on with tire sizes on the Red Sport 400 RWD?
In anticipation of the availability of the Build option on the Infiniti web site I've been trying to configure a 400 RWD. The material that I've been using consists of the Q60 brochure available as a PDF. I've also been using the chart that is generated on the Build pages named "Compare All Models". On the strength of those docs I've decided that I would like to consider placing an order for a 400 RWD. One factor in this choice is the conventional, not run flat, tires in a 19" size. According to the above docs these are standard on the 400 RWD. Now that the Build process is available the output states that the tires are run flat and 20". What gives? Dealer is trying to sort out the inconsistency. Anybody else not wanting run flats have an answer? I'd hate to think that I may be reconsidering my decision based on change in tire/wheel size and type. I don't think 20" or run flats are a good idea in northern Ohio.
I thought run flats were standard across the board and that 20s were one of the key differentiators on the RS 400 between it and the non S 300t. Run flats are terrible in every guise I've used them..better to wear em out quickly and then get a set of non rfs and a can of fix a flat or a slime kit.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I guess that is the issue. Are 20 run flats standard now? According to the docs that I mentioned that is not the case for at least the RWD 400.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Tire Options

I was told by my dealer that the q60 Red Sport would have 19" run flats regardless of RWD or AWD option.

Placed a deposit on mine. . . . .Midnight Black, Red leather. . .$62,525

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was told by my dealer that the q60 Red Sport would have 19" run flats regardless of RWD or AWD option.

Placed a deposit on mine. . . . .Midnight Black, Red leather. . .$62,525
When you click on the PRINT option at the end of the build what size/type of tires are shown? 19" or 20". If 20" what does your dealer say about this?

·
Registered
95 Posts
When you click on the PRINT option at the end of the build what size/type of tires are shown? 19" or 20". If 20" what does your dealer say about this?

My dealer has said 19 but will confirm with him when I go to test drive in a few minutes.

·
Registered
125 Posts
19 it is, 20s are an add-on. The car is amazing ! Looks gorgeous and drives like a dream . Cant wait to see and drive the Red Sport.

haha seeing that picture puts a smile on my face =p

So far, although I have the 300HP version, I do at times think " i wonder what 400hp would feel like on this car" or " would 20 inch make it look EVEN better.

Then I drive it and I kinda forget it all, and am happy because it goes fast when I need it, from 65- illegal speeds.

I road home and found another infiniti coup older version he was staring me down we just road down the entire interstate at around 100ish after every police intersection.

Should I even talk about these things here? haha

·
Registered
15 Posts
My dealer has said 19 but will confirm with him when I go to test drive in a few minutes.
I sure hope that is true. Could be that the Build function is not working properly. I've already submitted feedback suggesting that is the case. I would encourage others to do the same on the Infiniti web site. Also hope everyone that does submit feedback will post the response here.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I sure hope that is true. Could be that the Build function is not working properly. I've already submitted feedback suggesting that is the case. I would encourage others to do the same on the Infiniti web site. Also hope everyone that does submit feedback will post the response here.

On the Canadian site infiniti.ca the Red build has the 19 inch standard and the 20 as additional. On my order guide , 20 is coded as ADD.

·
Registered
308 Posts
haha seeing that picture puts a smile on my face =p

So far, although I have the 300HP version, I do at times think " i wonder what 400hp would feel like on this car" or " would 20 inch make it look EVEN better.

Then I drive it and I kinda forget it all, and am happy because it goes fast when I need it, from 65- illegal speeds.

I road home and found another infiniti coup older version he was staring me down we just road down the entire interstate at around 100ish after every police intersection.

Should I even talk about these things here? haha
This is definitely the place to talk about these things ! Obviously all of this activity happens in our frequent trips to Mexico of course .... ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
IMO, you buy the base coupe if you know nothing about cars and simply want to follow "trends". If you previously owned the 3.7 and a get a 300hp model then its not much of an upgrade, which IMO the 400 model is worth it.

Red Sport gets WAY better wheel package, better interior color option. upgraded engine/turbo. I wouldnt even bother with a 300 model going from my G37S coupe.

I saw the black grille on the website configuration but no actual option to pick it. Curious how it will look on white.

·
Registered
15 Posts
On the Canadian site infiniti.ca the Red build has the 19 inch standard and the 20 as additional. On my order guide , 20 is coded as ADD.
Just checked the Infinitiusa web site. Looks like it has been updated. For the 400 RWD it does now indicate 19" staggered wheels and tires as standard. The tires are stated to be conventional summer tires. Wonder if they will be supplying a collapsible tire and wheel? All of this is what I was hoping for. No mention of a 20" option. No problem for me as the roads here in Ohio would be quite rough on them. And I do not want run flats. I did not check other models, just the RWD.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I assume it would be the same for AWD since it's still listed as having all of the Q60 Red Sport 400 standard features plus Intelligent All-Wheel Drive. I actually don't even see the 20" wheels on the Red Sport build page.

·
Registered
500 Posts
20 seems to big and heavy to me and to those looking to get the best out of the performance it has to offer... 20 just might not cut it, although if you're driving this on street most of the time then it will be fine. But instead of paying the premium to have those wheels, you go aftermarket. Always liked the new line Vossen has.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts