Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering what are some of the things you love and hate about your q60? I’m always eager to know.

I just got mine so I can’t say anything yet aside from the meh transmission and shifting!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yup, when in auto mode, the shifting seems delayed. As soon as I switch it to manual mode, the shifting is much cleaner and quicker in my opinion. This is just my experience.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup, when in auto mode, the shifting seems delayed. As soon as I switch it to manual mode, the shifting is much cleaner and quicker in my opinion. This is just my experience.
Same I actually think this applies to everyone who owns these cars. On my last Infiniti the same thing happened. It’s just their shitty trannies

·
Registered
164 Posts
Love: looks, interior (comfort and luxury feel), sound (upgraded exhaust), how hard it pulls especially after a tune and how easy it is to mod

Dislike: stock wheels and rotors (how heavy they are), mushy brake pedal (hoping upgraded braided steel lines help), too much body roll and understeer (hoping hotchkis sway bars will help), lazy transmission occasionally when driving slowly.

Hate: plastic creacking noise coming out of center console on hot days.

Dont care: android auto, I've seen it on my other car and it sucks. I'm fine with my drop in/auto lock phone holder between steering wheel and center console.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Love: looks, interior (comfort and luxury feel), sound (upgraded exhaust), how hard it pulls especially after a tune and how easy it is to mod

Dislike: stock wheels and rotors (how heavy they are), mushy brake pedal (hoping upgraded braided steel lines help), too much body roll and understeer (hoping hotchkis sway bars will help), lazy transmission occasionally when driving slowly.

Hate: plastic creacking noise coming out of center console on hot days.

Dont care: android auto, I've seen it on my other car and it sucks. I'm fine with my drop in/auto lock phone holder between steering wheel and center console.
Nice man can I ask you what tube you got? I keep hearing about this. I’m not sure what it all means and how it would make the car preform better. Will it hurt warranty?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,498 Posts
Reactions: jaycoupe2018

·
Registered
164 Posts
I got tuned by Seb from SpecialtyZ. I'm close to the end of the warranty period and decided to take a gamble and tune it after issues with the JB4. The car feels much better, it just keeps pulling and pulling.

With the JB4 and EWG I had multiple issues, eventually got it sorted out. However, the EWG made the car very torquey at low rpm (rear end would kick out easily) but it couldn't keep the boost at higher rpms, it felt great for a second then meh.

With the tune and after all the mods, **** this car is a god **** rocket.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I got tuned by Seb from SpecialtyZ. I'm close to the end of the warranty period and decided to take a gamble and tune it after issues with the JB4. The car feels much better, it just keeps pulling and pulling.

With the JB4 and EWG I had multiple issues, eventually got it sorted out. However, the EWG made the car very torquey at low rpm (rear end would kick out easily) but it couldn't keep the boost at higher rpms, it felt great for a second then meh.

With the tune and after all the mods, ** this car is a god ** rocket.
Nice, I'm actually planning to get remote tuned by Seb as well soon. What fuel are you running and what power are you making? I live in the Northwest (WA state) so I'm still on the fence about upgrading my stock heat exchanger. I've done pulls back-to-back and never had heat soaking issues. Granted these pulls weren't on hot days. Pulls were done at about 60 degrees F (15-21 C).

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Nice, I'm actually planning to get remote tuned by Seb as well soon. What fuel are you running and what power are you making? I live in the Northwest (WA state) so I'm still on the fence about upgrading my stock heat exchanger. I've done pulls back-to-back and never had heat soaking issues. Granted these pulls weren't on hot days. Pulls were done at about 60 degrees F (15-12 C).
Hey Dmitri, I'm also in WA state, and my '17 Q60 Red Sport was road-tuned by Seb in Sept 2018. I'm typically running 92 octane on the 1.3 bar (93 octane) map, and have had no issues with knock retard. I run Chevron 92 exclusively. About a month after the tune, I had Drift Office in Auburn, who has a DynoJet AWD dyno, perform three (3) dyno runs. My best (3rd) run, after a 15-20 minute cool-down, was 437 WHP & 502 WTQ. I have the AMS (Infiniti-branded) HE, which was installed by the shop foreman at Infiniti of Lynnwood.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey Dmitri, I'm also in WA state, and my '17 Q60 Red Sport was road-tuned by Seb in Sept 2018. I'm typically running 92 octane on the 1.3 bar (93 octane) map, and have had no issues with knock retard. I run Chevron 92 exclusively. About a month after the tune, I had Drift Office in Auburn, who has a DynoJet AWD dyno, perform three (3) dyno runs. My best (3rd) run, after a 15-20 minute cool-down, was 437 WHP & 502 WTQ. I have the AMS (Infiniti-branded) HE, which was installed by the shop foreman at Infiniti of Lynnwood.
Nice! Glad to meet someone else from the PNW. I'm actually right on the south border of WA, 20 min north of Portland, OR. Do you know any other vr30 owners in this area?

Also, you said you run 92 octane (which I do as well), but you said you're on a 93 map from Seb, right? Sorry, but that doesn't make much sense. Why would you be tuned for 93 if you are filling up with 92 fuel? Am I missing something? And those are great numbers for 92 fuel. Those numbers would be perfect for me, as I also have the AWD 3.0T. Also, any reasons why Chevron 92 exclusively? What's wrong with Shell or Costco gas? I thought they are top tier as well?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm new to this whole thing.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Nice! Glad to meet someone else from the PNW. I'm actually right on the south border of WA, 20 min north of Portland, OR. Do you know any other vr30 owners in this area?
I've corresponded with a few PNW owners in the Q50 forum. Covid killed the meetups, but I just got my 1st Moderna shot last week, so I'll be looking to meet-up with other Qs in the area in June.

Also, you said you run 92 octane (which I do as well), but you said you're on a 93 map from Seb, right? Sorry, but that doesn't make much sense. Why would you be tuned for 93 if you are filling up with 92 fuel? Am I missing something?
Yes, I experimented with the 92 map (1.2 bar) and the 93 map (1.3 bar), as Seb provided four (4) maps total (91/92/93/Hot) and I found the Chevron 92 did not cause any knock retard/timing pull on the 93 map based on my logs using the Ecutek RaceRom App, so I have stuck with the 93 map for everyday driving.

And those are great numbers for 92 fuel. Those numbers would be perfect for me, as I also have the AWD 3.0T.
When I dyno'd my Q, I added two gallons of 100 octane race fuel to 14 gallons of 92 octane gas, which was offered by the gas station right next to Drift Office, to make a 93 octane equivalent, so that I had less chance of knock under the load of the dyno.

Also, any reasons why Chevron 92 exclusively? What's wrong with Shell or Costco gas? I thought they are top tier as well?
The Chevron station is close to my house, I use their credit card, which provides discounts, and most importantly, my engine doesn't knock with the 92 octane on Seb's 93 map.

Sorry for all the questions. I'm new to this whole thing.
No worries - happy to explain my statements and background.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

With the tune and after all the mods, ** this car is a god ** rocket.
Would I be able to pick your brain? I’m new to all this and am not a car guy! Curious to know what tunes and all this stuff does

·
Registered
164 Posts
What fuel are you running and what power are you making?
I haven't dynoed yet, but the difference is day and night. On Esso 93 gas. Launch control gets my wheels spinning, which is insane on an AWD with sticky PS 4S tires.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Would I be able to pick your brain? I’m new to all this and am not a car guy! Curious to know what tunes and all this stuff does
Feel free to start a private conversation at time.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I haven't dynoed yet, but the difference is day and night. On Esso 93 gas. Launch control gets my wheels spinning, which is insane on an AWD with sticky PS 4S tires.
What the heck. Spinning all 4 tires? That's insane dude. You're getting me excited for that tune now.

·
Registered
164 Posts
What the heck. Spinning all 4 tires? That's insane dude. You're getting me excited for that tune now.
I mean, I dont have an LSD so I'm probably just spinning one in the front and one in the back 😂

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I mean, I dont have an LSD so I'm probably just spinning one in the front and one in the back 😂
Correct - the Q's AWD is basically 2WD, as both the stock front & rear diffs are "open".

·
Registered
416 Posts
Maybe this thread can be linked to the older one with same topic?

Reactions: Bevo Horn

·
Registered
2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t
109 Posts
Love the fact that I get all the looks in this country town in Southern Idaho. Sometimes even in Boise and Salt Lake, people give thumbs up.

Hate that the tranny has to be this way. Also, wish there was a rear seat lighting.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Love everything about my 2021 Q60 RS AWD... except for all the heat soak, heat soak, and more heat soak. Chicago here... plenty of 90 degree + days where I am. I Really want to get the AMS heat exchanger through my Infiniti dealer but I’m afraid of blocking airflow to the AC condenser and or the radiator, and hurting the car.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts