Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

· Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD
2,003 Posts
Really want to get the AMS heat exchanger through my Infiniti dealer but I’m afraid of blocking airflow to the AC condenser and or the radiator, and hurting the car.
I responded to you in the other thread - to summarize, it's not an issue, and you won't hurt the car (I've had the AMS HE installed for over 3 years through all seasons - hot and cold). It's a great product that performs as intended.

Reactions: 831Q60RS

· Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Love everything about my 2021 Q60 RS AWD... except for all the heat soak, heat soak, and more heat soak. Chicago here... plenty of 90 degree + days where I am. I Really want to get the AMS heat exchanger through my Infiniti dealer but I’m afraid of blocking airflow to the AC condenser and or the radiator, and hurting the car.
Yah that’s rough luckily I live in bc Canada hottest it gets here in the summer is 25-30 degrees. I don’t think having a heat exchanger would make much of a difference

· Registered
80 Posts
Love:
1) The look of the car, especially the solar mica colour that I have. I see people taking pictures of my car in the street day and night.
2) The car is really aggressive, I have few friends who have got Audis and BMWs driving my car and they were surprised with how fast it is. Somehow they admitted it's more fun than their cars.
3) The interior is good to be honest, I doesn't feel cheap at all. Not modern but I personally love it. Simple and classy with a lot of leather.
4) Unique car, you can barely see the Q60 in the streets which makes it so unique despite the fact that the facelift has been there for more than 7 years now, anyone feels it's a new car.
5) Sporty feeling but yet, it can be your comfort ride and got that classic feeling.

Hate:
1) The non-RS version (which I have) lacks many things such as paddle shifters, blind spot detecters etc.. I don't really use them, but it would have been nice to have them to give the interior a kick.
2) The non-RS version brakes are so bad, I got used to them but I can not trust them when I'm speeding during hot weather, I have to really push hard to make the car stop.
3) Heat soak in hot weathers. But since I live in Canada, most of the time we are -20C so I never experience this issue in the majority of the months.
4) The OEM wheels are heavy AF and used to cause tramlining for the car. ( The car would swing when I drive it making me feel uncomfortable and not safe). I sold them and got 18" wheels from XXR and could not be happier, best upgrade I did for the car so far. Feels lighter, handles better the curves and the acceleration became way better.

· Registered
2021 q60 RS i-line awd
108 Posts
Love:
• Looks. It's the best looking car I've seen in a long time, and easily in this price range. Even my wife loves it, which is rare. The stillen spoiler makes it perfect IMO.
• Power. Easy power gains, pulls hard, ever reviewer mentions it for a reason.
• Comfort. The seats are great, the only complaint here is long trips.

Hate:
• Sound. It's not the worst sounding v6, but it's not great. I may be spoiled by having an ecoboost with the exhaust exiting behind the front wheels previous to this and my truck having a Blueprint 306 though.
• Features. The automatic door unlocks either don't work or need a couple pulls to work. On my taurus they would unlock the door just before you reached for the handle, I never once grabbed the handle and had it locked. I also miss the keypad entry, but that's a Ford specific thing.
• Reliability. I haven't had any issues yet, but I only have 5k miles on it. Lots of people have though.
• Stock brakes are kinda janky, when very cold they're super touchy.
• **** that transmission.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts