Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
60 years of age, I took delivered a 300hp AWD Q60 in March and this is my first Infiniti.

In the beginning, I am looking for a 4-door sedan, Acura TLX, Lexus IS350, Audi A4 and BMW 330 was on my list. I live in Canada, so AWD is a must (nice to) have requirement. There are engineering and handling differences between Japanese and German automobiles and each have their plus and minus.

During the researching stage, a friend of mine told me to look at what Infiniti has to offer before making the final decision. So on a cold February morning, I walked into an Inifinti dealership and I saw an “Electric Indigo” Q50 RS, this is a great looking car with all the goodies. After 5 minutes, I had discovered something different, something I had been missing for 30 years, a 2-door coupe. At that moment, the Q60 in the showroom gave me the feeling that I had found what I had looking for in the “Lost and Found” department.

In Canada, there are only two option packages available for 300hp Q60, I did not took the Technology Package because of the DAS is included. I personally do not like the DAS, so please take at least 45 minutes each to compare the DAS system.

The Q60 is luxury sporty looking car, a good daily drive to work vehicle and can be a little bit naughty in the weekends. So far, I had put Weathertech floorliners and XPEL paint protection film (full front bumper) on the coupe. I really enjoy driving this sport coupe in the past 50 days and I believe I can have more fun when the summer wheels and tires arrived by the end of this month.

During my research stage, I came to this forum which is very helpful, especially inside information like; Entry/Exist Assist and Compact Spare tire are not available with the actual vehicle. It is a joke from the offical Canadian web site. OK, one more thing I will not do, is to open the trunk during a rainy/snowy days. Great tips!

Thank You and have fun for every Q60 owners!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Welcome to the forum. That's a good looking shot of the car and does a good job accentuating the lines.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Welcome! Great picture, too. Keep us posted as to what you do with regard to the summer tires and wheels. :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
somehow I immediately recalled "Stand up guys" movie...

·
Registered
231 Posts
Welcome and congrats JP60!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Another Canadian! :). Looks good!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The wait is over! Summer wheels & tires has been installed. A whole new level of driving experience is encountered, very rewarding.

The steering response (non-DAS) and feedback has been improved. Road noise is way better than the OEM run-flat, ramp entry and exit, curved road handling are much more enjoyable. Replacing those run-flat tires will lets you discover this powertrain’s real potential, satisfaction guaranteed.

Make: Varro Wheels
Model: VD01 Titanium w/ Brushed Face
Size: 19 x 8.5 5x114.3 +32 CB 73.1

Michelin Pilot Super Sport 255/40ZR 19 XL

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
Glad to have another canadian :p.

Nice choice

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
The wait is over! Summer wheels & tires has been installed. A whole new level of driving experience is encountered, very rewarding.

The steering response (non-DAS) and feedback has been improved. Road noise is way better than the OEM run-flat, ramp entry and exit, curved road handling are much more enjoyable. Replacing those run-flat tires will lets you discover this powertrain’s real potential, satisfaction guaranteed.

Make: Varro Wheels
Model: VD01 Titanium w/ Brushed Face
Size: 19 x 8.5 5x114.3 +32 CB 73.1

Michelin Pilot Super Sport 255/40ZR 19 XL
Woah man, I'm trying not to spend the money on new wheels and tires :eek:

It looks badass, btw :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Welcome jp60! Like Gavin said, nice to see another fellow Canadian on here! :)

Those are some sweet wheels! I don't have my car yet but I wouldn't mind those on my future Q60!!! :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Glad to know, I am not the only Canadian in this club. Thanks Gavin and Maxxed.

Wishing everyone to have a nice summer and fun with their Q.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Prestige, there are no clearance issue with the setup.

The tightest gap between the tire and the liner has room about the diameter of an AA battery. It is all depend on the brand of tire, the PSS is a tiny bit wider (square) and softer sidewall than the OEM run-flats.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts