Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I frequent many Infiniti websites and it seems like when the Q50 photos were first released all the G37 sedan and coupe owners came out with the flamethrowers to trash the car in every way possible

Check again a few months later today and it seems like all the G37 owners are now thinking of trading in their G37s for Q50s :D

I have to admit at first I was sure about the design but after seeing it in person... The Q50 is STUNNING.

And I have much hope for the Q60 taking that to the next level.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I frequent many Infiniti websites and it seems like when the Q50 photos were first released all the G37 sedan and coupe owners came out with the flamethrowers to trash the car in every way possible

Check again a few months later today and it seems like all the G37 owners are now thinking of trading in their G37s for Q50s :D

I have to admit at first I was sure about the design but after seeing it in person... The Q50 is STUNNING.

And I have much hope for the Q60 taking that to the next level.
It is very exciting to see the Q50 concept at the Frankfurt Motor Show. It not only makes me excited to see the eventual Q50 production model, it also makes me excited to see what happens with the Q60.

Infiniti is really turning up the volume with their design language. Now we just have to hope that Infiniti doesn't cheap us all out and make the production car far less exciting than the Q50 concept.

Anyone have an idea of when we will get the first glimpse of the Q60 in some fashion?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Q50 has already hit production. They are already being sold.

The Q60 concept has not been revealed yet

The Q50 looks amazing in person.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I am still waiting for even a small hint of how the Q60 could look like and I want that from infiniti!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There were some spy shots of what is apparently a Q60 though not confirmed.

Probably won't see much real spy shots until next summer.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Now that the Q30 concept is out I feel like the next big reveal will be the Q60 concept, no? Maybe some time next year we will actually see it. And spy shots should start popping up sometime before that.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Now that the Q30 concept is out I feel like the next big reveal will be the Q60 concept, no? Maybe some time next year we will actually see it. And spy shots should start popping up sometime before that.
it's possible but Infiniti has some other new designs to come out with, the new QX50, QX70 and QX80.

Q60 is still a way to go, we could see something within months from now or even more than a year from now, tough to tell

·
Registered
95 Posts
It will also be nice to see the redesigns of the SUVs since they are starting to look a bit out of date. The new design language is great, and it will be exciting to see how it translates to the QX models. Especially the QX80 since it is so hulking that I will be impressed if they can get it to look sleek and modern. All those full size SUVs end up looking the same to me.

Sorry about earlier confusion over models and such. I think I have it straightened out now.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They are likely to replace the M series before the Q60.

The M needs an update.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Were going to see the new 370Z at the Tokyo IAS in november, guaranteed we get some kind of Q60 tidbit from the 370s release. We wont get to know anything design wise but we'll at least get to see proportions and powerplants. From there we can speculate pretty accurately what were going to see. Plus i have to expect the internet will be flooded with 370Z renders wearing a Q30 face...

I posted this in another thread, the new 370 is supposed to be smaller than the current gen, not like the FRS/BRZ and possibly will be hybrid...

the Q50 H is already a performance hybrid, bet Q60 gets that.

·
Registered
164 Posts
the new 370z to be smaller? I never heard about it but that must mean they are trying to shed some weight.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the new 370z will probably show us what powertrain we will get in the Q60 but it wont show us what the Q60 will look like. The 370z looks nothing like the G37 coupe.

·
Registered
162 Posts
the new 370z to be smaller? I never heard about it but that must mean they are trying to shed some weight.
no dimensionally the 370Z will be getting smaller. Like cfrp said above the 370 wont give us a shred of insight into Q60 but it will give us an idea of how big the new Q60 will be vs the G coupe and give us a definite idea of powerplants.

It will only fuel the wild speculation but we dont have much else. Also keep your eyes on the JDM Skyline 370GT, its just a G coupe in Japan, but they typically release the JDM models first so we could get a secret or two from that.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yeah we can probably take look at the kouki 370GT model when it appears I cant seeing it be that different till 2016.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well the new 370 is debuting next year so we should see a JDM model surface some time before that.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Also keep your eyes on the JDM Skyline 370GT, its just a G coupe in Japan, but they typically release the JDM models first so we could get a secret or two from that.
Maybe the Infiniti Q60 will come before the new Skyline coupe this time. I don't think there's a Japanese version of the Q50 yet. At least I'm not seeing it on the Nissan JP website.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm just curious if they are going to do anything different to the drivetrain or if it'll basically be the Q50 drivetrain.

If so, will we get the hybrid?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm not sure, but I don't expect a hybrid for the coupe. It might depend on what Lexus does with their coupe. If the RC 350 is available as a hybrid, Infiniti will probably follow suit.

·
Registered
225 Posts
the outgoing Q60, 2014-2015 won't get it, thats a given.
but when it comes time for the refresh, why not just pull the hybrid powertrain from the Q50 and dump it in the refreshed Q60?
i think it's very possible

1 - 20 of 33 Posts