Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering a new 300 or 400 hp Q60. Question: will I notice a difference in performance between the two??

Thanks

·
Registered
95 Posts
I am considering a new 300 or 400 hp Q60. Question: will I notice a difference in performance between the two??

Thanks

For sure you will. I test drove the 300 and loved it and have ordered a 400. The 300 was plenty fast and a joy to drive. So why did I go with the undriven 400 ?
For the extra 100 hp !!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Drove a 300hp coupe, as well as a Q50 RS 400 other day. Night and day.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Typically when there's a difference of 10-20ish even horsepower you won't really notice it. But 100, you will definitely feel.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Typically when there's a difference of 10-20ish even horsepower you won't really notice it. But 100, you will definitely feel.
Well, you don't have to aim that high, you can even feel the difference 50hp or around that makes. Plus around 50 is very realistic for the average person to accomplish, not just a matter of turning up some dial, it's a process.

Plus it depends on how that power is distributed.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Well, you don't have to aim that high, you can even feel the difference 50hp or around that makes. Plus around 50 is very realistic for the average person to accomplish, not just a matter of turning up some dial, it's a process.

Plus it depends on how that power is distributed.
Oh most definitely, but I was just using his direct comparison for this scenario.

20-35 is achievable (depending on platform at hand) from a straight OTS stock basemap tune which is great.

·
Registered
591 Posts
After a while, the dealerships may have bot models in stock for you to test drive first before deciding but 100hp difference will be felt. Really depends on your budget.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'll jump in here with some old Nissan 300ZX TT information. I had a stock 1990 TT which had 9 psi boost with 300 HP. A rather simple 'chip" upgrade (plus intake and exhaust) increased that to 14 psi of boost with 400HP. Absolutely night and day difference as mentioned above. This is essentially what the Q60 has going now with the 300 and 400 HP models from a 3.0 L engine. I said when I parted with my 300ZX TT that if Nissan ever made such an engine available in the future that I wanted one! I test drove the 300 and ordered the RS400!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts