1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
19 Posts
I read this before , car critics are critical compared to an average car person buying a Q60. They may say it’s not a true sports car , it’s a luxury sport car etc and other critiques and may be correct but most buyers don’t view our cars like a car Editor. If it comes up short on this and that I don’t notice because I was driving yesterday thinking, it’s fast , rare , beautiful , reliable and I love it. When I read they can get as high as $68,000 ! I would not pay that for a Q60 but the $30,000 I paid for 2017 premium AWD, Midnight Black seem justified. I’m with you , I love ours too !!

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,218 Posts
When I sit in my Q60 the total weight is just over 4,000 lbs. Anyone that purchased a Q60 thinking they were getting a sportscar doesn't know what a sportscar is.

Reactions: QKevin

·
Registered
402 Posts
A few IMO thoughts...

- Wat, you do a review without driving the vehicle LOL?
- They crap on the drive by wire but didn't drive a Q60 without that option?
- Comparisons to cushy Lexus, have they actually drove them side by side to compare?
- I test drove Audi (couldn't stand their Turbo delays) and didn't feel any closer to the road
- Screw the dog BMW, you need an M4 to beat Q60 and then pay $20K US more.
- And wat the **** -- Bevo needs a south beach diet!!!

Reactions: QKevin

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,218 Posts
- And wat the **** -- Bevo needs a south beach diet!!!
Anyone that weighs more than 118 lbs puts the total weight of a RWD RS over 4,000 lbs :LOL:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
The best thing about the Q60 is its "under-the-radar" I see a few on the road, but nowhere near the number of Hyundais and Kias (I almost dated myself saying "Camrys and Accords", but that is so 20th century). Compared to driving a C6 Z06 for a few years, my wife was happy with my choice of the Q60, because as she remarked "At least not every Tom, Dick, or Harry will be looking to race you at the stoplight".

That said, with a plethora of available power, handling, and appearance mods, it has been fun to personalize the Q the way I want (see my sig), and having the ability to hang with BMW M4s, MB C63 AMGs, S2000s, C6 & C7 Vettes... :devilish:

·
Registered
226 Posts
- Wat, you do a review without driving the vehicle LOL?
- They crap on the drive by wire but didn't drive a Q60 without that option?
Same regurgitated crap from wannabe reviews since the DAS was first released with the Q50. I certainly have my complaints with DAS, but they are minimal--it is a fine system, especially (!!!!) for your average driver on their commute. Heck, even on a twisty circuit, the DAS did just fine for me; some of the lost sensations is a disappointment, but for cruising on a commute, it is ideal.

·
Registered
22 Posts
What options have y'all seen to reduce some weight without having to take out the back seats and functionality? I've heard lighter wheels, smaller mufflers and some carbon but anyone heard of anything else?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,218 Posts
What options have y'all seen to reduce some weight without having to take out the back seats and functionality? I've heard lighter wheels, smaller mufflers and some carbon but anyone heard of anything else?
You're not going to make it a 3,000 lb sportscar

·
Registered
118 Posts
It all depends on how crazy you want to go.

You could remove things like the AC and radio if you wanted. Change out the seats for lightweight racing ones, change out the glass for lexan/plexi, etc. etc.

In terms of keeping all the functionality and amenities you're pretty much limited to what you've already stated.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Change out the seats for lightweight racing ones, change out the glass for lexan/plexi, etc. etc.
The aftermarket currently offers a CF Hood, CF Front Fenders, and CF Trunk Lid.

As for lightweight wheels, despite opting for heavier 20" wheels, I still went from 63 lbs <iirc> for the stock Red Sport 19" wheels & Dunlop RFs to 49 lbs for 20" Vorsteiner FFs & Michelin PS4s, which I am using as my summer wheel set. For fall/winter, I swapped out Michelin A/S 3+'s for the Dunlop RFs..

·
Registered
118 Posts
The aftermarket currently offers a CF Hood, CF Front Fenders, and CF Trunk Lid.

As for lightweight wheels, despite opting for heavier 20" wheels, I still went from 63 lbs <iirc> for the stock Red Sport 19" wheels & Dunlop RFs to 49 lbs for 20" Vorsteiner FFs & Michelin PS4s, which I am using as my summer wheel set. For fall/winter, I swapped out Michelin A/S 3+'s for the Dunlop RFs..
I didn't really know what all else was available, just was typing out ways to lose weight off the top of my head.

I saved about 15 lbs each corner going to a 20" wheel/tire setup for summer vs stock as well. IMO it rides better even with the lower profile tires because of the reduction in weight. I forgot to mention that you could also go with lighter brakes as well to further reduce rotating mass. I forget the numbers, but the 2 piece rotor sets available save a decent amount of weight as well.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I forgot to mention that you could also go with lighter brakes as well to further reduce rotating mass. I forget the numbers, but the 2 piece rotor sets available save a decent amount of weight as well.
Yes, the Z1 Motorsports 2-piece rotors save 10 lbs/corner on the front, and 5 lbs/corner on the rear. I had them installed for awhile on my Q before I went to my current Stoptech BBK.

·
Registered
2019 Q60S, dynamic sunstone red
15 Posts
I never understood the complaints about the interior. I love it. (This is my 2nd Q60RS - blue 2017 and now a red 2019. Had a slate gray 2005 G35 6MT before that.) They complain that the dual screen, in dash, infotainment screens are outdated? Why? Because they are flush with the dash instead of looking like some geek bolted his laptop on top of the dash like BMWs, Mercedes, et al? I don't get it.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,218 Posts
Reactions: Frank M

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
For comparison, see the following Sarah-n-Tuned review of a 2020 Q60 Red Sport. Leaving your opinions of Sarah as a person aside, her car reviews are unbiased and quite informative:

She also recently reviewed our 4-dr brethren, a 2021 Q50 Red Sport, calling it a "baby GT-R":

·
Registered
118 Posts
Because they are flush with the dash instead of looking like some geek bolted his laptop on top of the dash like BMWs, Mercedes, et al? I don't get it.
The flush dash is something I actually really like. I hate the current trend of screens just sticking out of the dash. It looks tacky and unfinished to me. It reminds me of when aftermarket head units would pop out like that. I didn't like it then and I don't like it now. This trend can't die soon enough in my opinion.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts