Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD
1,769 Posts
The biggest difference maker is getting at least Lower Downpipes. The OEM secondary cats are a HUGE restriction (yes, I shouted). Add-in the JB4, and you'll make decent hp & torque.

After that, you'll complain about boost cut, and we'll tell you to get a larger Heat Exchanger. That will allow you to do pull after pull, and not heat soak, which is another limitation of the OEM HE.

Reactions: Wizlb

·
Registered
2018, Q60 LUXE twin turbo
376 Posts
with LDP and a tune.. That really depends on what your are trying to accomplish. You can set different psi with the mapping on the JB4. you can go moderate to aggressive.. each one will have different out comes and wear and tear on your car

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got an axleback exhaust, and waiting to installed ldp and intake.

Can someone tell me if a Megan Y-pipe will add any additional Hp or will it be just an added sound to my AMS ldp?

thanks ppl

·
Registered
413 Posts
I'd avoid Megan products, they are known for not lasting long.

If your axle-back is a larger diameter than stock, and you get a larger than stock y pipe you may see some gains over stock.

·
Registered
413 Posts
HKS, Revel, Motordyne, AAM are all higher quality than Megan. Megan is pretty much bottom of the barrel quality wise.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Are those 4 brands direct bolt on?
Or should I get a heat exchanger ?

thanks Ppl
They should be, but I'm not familiar with all of them. I honestly think you're better off investing in a full catback than y pipes and an axleback. You'd still need mid pipes as well to make it catback like. But at that point, there is no telling what the final product may sound like.

A heat exchanger is a good investment on this platform. The stock one is criminally small IMO. There are bigger heat exchangers for PC processors.

What are your goals for this platform? We might be able to guide you better on reaching them if we know what they are.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
They should be, but I'm not familiar with all of them. I honestly think you're better off investing in a full catback than y pipes and an axleback. You'd still need mid pipes as well to make it catback like. But at that point, there is no telling what the final product may sound like.

A heat exchanger is a good investment on this platform. The stock one is criminally small IMO. There are bigger heat exchangers for PC processors.

What are your goals for this platform? We might be able to guide you better on reaching them if we know what they are.
My hesitation is going with a full catback exhaust because I’m in sales and on the road a lot and I don’t want to rock up to someone’s business and my exhaust announces me before I’m there.

I just got AMS Intakes & Ldp and a Quick flash tune with those mods & tune it should put me near 400’s I will not go to a full tune just because I’m so t want to datalog back& forth with a tuner.

And my thinking behind getting a y-pipe was I would get a better exhaust note.

·
Registered
413 Posts
You're more likely to get a better exhaust note with a catback than a y-pipe and an axleback. My axleback was louder than my catback is.

If you're adding power, then you should definitely get a heat exchanger.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD
1,769 Posts
My car sounds the Sh&$ with just an AMS Ldp, Intake and Axleback exhaust.. so there is no need for a CBE!!
One of the biggest turbo killers is running higher boost pressure with increased backpressure. The higher backpressure comes from using the stock Y-pipe and intermediate pipe, iirc, is only 1.75" diameter in places. Therefore, while using the LDPs in place of the secondary cats is a step in the right direction, I'd recommend a 2.5" dia.-piped CBE to lower the backpressure on the turbos.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts