·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
One of the biggest turbo killers is running higher boost pressure with increased backpressure. The higher backpressure comes from using the stock Y-pipe and intermediate pipe, iirc, is only 1.75" diameter in places. Therefore, while using the LDPs in place of the secondary cats is a step in the right direction, I'd recommend a 2.5" dia.-piped CBE to lower the backpressure on the turbos.
I meant to write I have a Helmholtz mufflers axleback setup.. do you believe I still need a CBE?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD
1,769 Posts
I meant to write I have a Helmholtz mufflers axleback setup.. do you believe I still need a CBE?
I do. Pushing 17+ lbs of boost through the soda straw OEM mid-pipes is not the most efficient way for making power, and it's generally not good for turbo (seal) longevity.

It sounds like you are worried about how loud your exhaust would be. I'd say your best bet for reasonable sound levels is the Fast Intentions CBE, with Resonators and 14" Touring Mufflers. This is the same CBE config I have on my '17 Q60 Red Sport AWD for the past 5 years:

Q60 3.0L FI CAT BACK EXHAUST | Fast Intentions

Font Gesture Networking cables Parallel Bicycle part

It's a great combination - you'll hear it when you "give it the beans", but I can highway cruise all day with the wife and she doesn't complain about the noise at all. In fact, when I had the stock Dunlop Runflats, they made more acoustic noise at highway speeds than the exhaust!

The only downside is the FI order lead-time is 12+ weeks (or so).

·
Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,150 Posts
Reactions: Wizlb
21 - 27 of 27 Posts