Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys does anyone here have the stillen bars for your awd red sport? I would like to get some opinions and advice to help make the cornering and handling even better for this car.

what do you recommend? pros and cons? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Order the Hotchkis Front & Rear STB Set from CZP, and also get the FRT & RR SPL Parts endlinks from Infiniti of Nashua.

Hotchkis STBs:

Hotchkis Sport Sway Bar Set - Infiniti Q50 V37, Q60 CV37 AWD 22450 - Concept Z Performance

Infiniti-branded SPL Parts Front Endlink:

INFINITI Q60 V37 awd front endlink set. Motorsport, chassis - 54618-FEZ33-INFI | INFINITI, Nashua NH

Infiniti-branded SPL Parts Rear Endlink:

INFINITI Q60 V37 rear endlink set. Motorsport, chassis - 54618-REV37-INFI | INFINITI, Nashua NH

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think there is only Stillen and Hotchkis that make for the RS. IMO I'll would go with Hotchkis

CV37 Suspension & Steering :: Sway Bars & Accessories - Concept Z Performance
Ahh yes there right I remember reading about the hotchkis I hear people have been happy with that. Do you have these isnraled ?
Order the Hotchkis Front & Rear STB Set from CZP, and also get the FRT & RR SPL Parts endlinks from Infiniti of Nashua.

Hotchkis STBs:

Hotchkis Sport Sway Bar Set - Infiniti Q50 V37, Q60 CV37 AWD 22450 - Concept Z Performance

INFINITI Q60 V37 awd front endlink set. Motorsport, chassis - 54618-FEZ33-INFI | INFINITI, Nashua NH

INFINITI Q60 V37 rear endlink set. Motorsport, chassis - 54618-REV37-INFI | INFINITI, Nashua NH
thanks man! Quick question will these make the suspension any stiffer? I kind of like the ride soft for cruising etc.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Hotchkis STBs:

I was watching speed culture studios videos on YouTube and him as well as a couple others in the comments mentioned for AWD the front sway bar isn’t necessary due to the front hair being stiffer already compared to rwd OEM bar

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I was watching speed culture studios videos on YouTube and him as well as a couple others in the comments mentioned for AWD the front sway bar isn’t necessary due to the front hair being stiffer already compared to rwd OEM bar
Yes, the Hotchkis offers the highest spring rate rear stabilizer bar (RSB). So? If you just put that on the back, and leave the FSB OEM, even the AWD version, the car will likely oversteer at the limit (tail happy). To counter-act that, a higher-rate front stabilizer bar (FSB) will help. In the end, the car is neutral at the limit (mine is anyway), and my tires don't squeal at the limit either, indicating the suspension is keeping the tire thread flat in the corners. For example, I have a two-lane entrance ramp to the highway, which has a 90-degree turn - I can power through that turn in 3rd gear, nail the gas, and I can power-slide the rear end, because the Hotchkis RSB and suspension is keeping the tires flat to the ground. 502 WTQ also helps, too!

But again, putting these higher spring rate SBs on is worthless if you don't upgrade the end links, too.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Ahh yes there right I remember reading about the hotchkis I hear people have been happy with that. Do you have these installed?
Yup.

Thanks man! Quick question will these make the suspension any stiffer? I kind of like the ride soft for cruising etc.
The higher spring rate bars will stiffen the suspension (they are connected to the lower control arms). As for the soft ride during cruising, if you 1) adjust the end links (i.e., SPL Parts) with the tires loaded, and 2) make sure the bolts for the end links can "drop-in" to their mounting holes in the control arms, you'll minimize the effect of the SBs while NOT in a turn. It's an important step that some installers f**k up.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yup.

The higher spring rate bars will stiffen the suspension (they are connected to the lower control arms). As for the soft ride during cruising, if you 1) adjust the end links (i.e., SPL Parts) with the tires loaded, and 2) make sure the bolts for the end links can "drop-in" to their mounting holes in the control arms, you'll minimize the effect of the SBs while NOT in a turn. It's an important step that some installers f**k up.
Thanks for the detailed info! Man anytime I want to do a kid that seems simple there’s always so much else to it that I have no idea about hahah I got lots to learn here🤣

·
Registered
203 Posts
As much as i pointed out these install steps yo my mechanic I still think they **** it up, I still hear metal noises especially on low speed and turning going over curbs.

The handling improvement is very noticeable.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
As much as i pointed out these install steps yo my mechanic I still think they **** it up, I still hear metal noises especially on low speed and turning going over curbs.
You'll get noise from any adjustable solid-type rod-end end link if they are not installed in a neutral position with the tires loaded. When I installed mine in the rear, I jacked the car up, and then slid my Rhino Ramps under each rear wheel to make the end link adjustment. On the front, the race shop installed the end links.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Yeah I told them exactly that, guess I'll have to check that for my self. :/

1 - 11 of 11 Posts