Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I am a v8 guy that is getting use to a v6. I have heard some v6 cars through the years that sounded ok. My new 3.0 Q60 has a lot to be desired in the exhaust tone area. I am not looking for a loud fart can sound. But would like a little sound. What's the hot ticket for this? Keep in mind, I do not want loud.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Check the forums. It's been posted here just a little :laugh:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Ok I am a v8 guy that is getting use to a v6. I have heard some v6 cars through the years that sounded ok. My new 3.0 Q60 has a lot to be desired in the exhaust tone area. I am not looking for a loud fart can sound. But would like a little sound. What's the hot ticket for this? Keep in mind, I do not want loud.
Chop out a resonator or a mid-muffler if there is one. Not familiar with the underside but I'm sure there are components you can remove one at a time until you get to full straight pipe craziness.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yes, but you might not like what you hear. Twin-turbos V6s aren't known for their pleasing exhaust notes. A lot of BMW owners also complain about that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks I checked out the Exhaust section first. Wasn't any posts really. I guess the Infiniti forum is a little smaller then LS Camaro and Vette forums. Usually 6-8 company's would have exhaust systems out by now.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Thanks I checked out the Exhaust section first. Wasn't any posts really. I guess the Infiniti forum is a little smaller then LS Camaro and Vette forums. Usually 6-8 company's would have exhaust systems out by now.
On a first year redesigned model?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Absolutely. The aftermarket gets the new models before consumers so they can fit up parts. The American automakers and aftermarket are very close. That's ok though. I can wait.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'm still waiting for feedback on the Fast Intentions CBE from actual owners and options from Stillen/Nismo, etc...

The longer I own my RS400 the more I appreciate a quiet cabin, so finding that balance between maintaining luxury and still keeping it sporty with a meaner-sounding exchaust will be difficult...right now, I feel like i'd only want a SMALL improvement to the stock exhaust notes and not anything too gaudy, so i'm holding off on FI's CBE.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts