Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang! I purchased and installed an interior LED ambient lighting kit from Opt7 about 3 years ago, and just now diagnosed it as the reason why my battery is going completely dead after sitting for anything more than a week. I've gone through two Optima AGM batteries in two years because of it! This is how the kit is supposed to work:

When wired to a constant power source and the doors are opened, the lights will turn on in a white color, which will override any settings the lights had prior. Once the door is closed, the lights will return to their previous state (off, different color, different mode, etc.). The rest of the time, the lights are controlled by a remote.

Now, I admittedly am horrible with electrical. I had the fuse for the lights plugged into the dome lighting fuse port, which I thought made sense since they come one when the doors are opened. However, even with the car off, they're pulling about 35-40mA. My question is, what fuse port should I plug these things into instead so that they don't draw power? I hope that all made sense! Thanks!

Reactions: JakeFromLI

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hey gang! I purchased and installed an interior LED ambient lighting kit from Opt7 about 3 years ago, and just now diagnosed it as the reason why my battery is going completely dead after sitting for anything more than a week. I've gone through two Optima AGM batteries in two years because of it! This is how the kit is supposed to work:

When wired to a constant power source and the doors are opened, the lights will turn on in a white color, which will override any settings the lights had prior. Once the door is closed, the lights will return to their previous state (off, different color, different mode, etc.). The rest of the time, the lights are controlled by a remote.

Now, I admittedly am horrible with electrical. I had the fuse for the lights plugged into the dome lighting fuse port, which I thought made sense since they come one when the doors are opened. However, even with the car off, they're pulling about 35-40mA. My question is, what fuse port should I plug these things into instead so that they don't draw power? I hope that all made sense! Thanks!
@JoeRoke might be able to help here, i have seen him post good information regarding the DRL he tapped into.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts