Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says. This is probably going to come off bad but I'm looking to see if anyone has any aftermarket recommendations of lip spoilers or sport grilles. The OEM ones are amazing but I don't want to pay over $750 for a lip spoiler from the dealer. This would be for a 2020 Q60. I'd like the spoiler to be carbon fiber for maximum gains

·
Registered
898 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
That’s actually really nice and looks smooth. Do you have a link or place where you got it from? And did you install it yourself?
Link:

FOR 2017-19 INFINITI Q60 JDM HIGH KICK DUCKBILL CARBON FIBER TRUNK SPOILER WING | eBay

Yes, I install it myself (ok, with the help of my neighbor).

I bought 3M 1/4" Double-Sided Automotive Tape. The tape was applied around the bottom perimeter of the spoiler, and I ran one additional pass in the middle. I applied blue tape at 3 locations across the front edge of the spoiler before I stuck it down, so that I had a visual cue when I committed to sticking it to the trunk lid.

No issues to date.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Im running that same spoiler. I used 1/4" 3m tape too but it started coming up so I switched to 1/2" and no issue. I think it came up cause I didnt put it completely across the front and as the airflow pushes down it didnt help. I did the same with blue painters top to mark the mounting position when I reapplied it cause it was slightly off the first time.

·
Registered
33 Posts
When I use double-sided tape, I heat up the tape and the surfaces with a heat gun, I find that the tape is able to make a stronger bond when I do this. Also, if you have any kind of coating on the car, such as a ceramic coating, you will need to remove it from the area you're working on first. My lip spoiler used to be CF, but I decided to paint it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
When I use double-sided tape, I heat up the tape and the surfaces with a heat gun, I find that the tape is able to make a stronger bond when I do this. Also, if you have any kind of coating on the car, such as a ceramic coating, you will need to remove it from the area you're working on first. My lip spoiler used to be CF, but I decided to paint it.

View attachment 23570

That looks good! I only got a CF spoiler cause it was actually cheaper than fiberglass. I intended to either paint or just wrap it but with my wheels it actually looks good. I had plans to get ceramic done the week before and I just happen to mention it to my guy and he told me to install the spoiler first so I waited then had the spoiler coated too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts