Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 Infiniti Q60 3.0t Luxe AWD. Iwent to a well respected stereo/alarm/remote start shop. I told them I wanted aremote start which is compatible with my key fob. I was told there are a fewaftermarket systems which allow you to start your car by pressing the lockbutton three times. I made an appointment and dropped off my car. However, theywere unable to get my car to crank with the systems installed (first a Viper,andthen a Compustar). They told me all of the systems they install are for the 2.0liter, and this was the first time they encountered a 3.0 liter Infiniti. Theysaid they could not find a solution and are waiting for a response from themanufacturers.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Does anyone know a compatible system?

Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Doesn't make sense that remote starting would be different between a 2.0 and 3.0

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have a 2018 Infiniti Q60 3.0t Luxe AWD. Iwent to a well respected stereo/alarm/remote start shop. I told them I wanted aremote start which is compatible with my key fob. I was told there are a fewaftermarket systems which allow you to start your car by pressing the lockbutton three times. I made an appointment and dropped off my car. However, theywere unable to get my car to crank with the systems installed (first a Viper,andthen a Compustar). They told me all of the systems they install are for the 2.0liter, and this was the first time they encountered a 3.0 liter Infiniti. Theysaid they could not find a solution and are waiting for a response from themanufacturers.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Does anyone know a compatible system?

Thank you!
Cancel that installation. The remote start system is already installed on all 3.0t models. You just need to have a dealer program the fob to enable the remote start.

·
Super Moderator
2,033 Posts
Cancel that installation. The remote start system is already installed on all 3.0t models. You just need to have a dealer program the fob to enable the remote start.
And pray they didn't mess something up to where the dealer now charges you an arm and a leg to fix it (or get a brand new harness) :|

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you!

I called the dealer which is what I should have done in the first place.

The dealer told me the kit is $355.00 and the programing fee is $105.00 for a total of $505.00. I will have two new key fobs with a remote start icon (my key fob does not have one).

The aftermarket place was charging me $330.00 installed. However, I no longer have confidence in them, and if they ever figure out a solution, I am sure they will charge me more to recoup the initial five hours spent working on my car, plus the additional time needed for the new installation. I just hope they did not do anything which will make the dealer install more complicated.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Thank you!

I called the dealer which is what I should have done in the first place.

The dealer told me the kit is $355.00 and the programing fee is $105.00 for a total of $505.00. I will have two new key fobs with a remote start icon (my key fob does not have one).

The aftermarket place was charging me $330.00 installed. However, I no longer have confidence in them, and if they ever figure out a solution, I am sure they will charge me more to recoup the initial five hours spent working on my car, plus the additional time needed for the new installation. I just hope they did not do anything which will make the dealer install more complicated.
You can get the key fobs online for a lot cheaper than the dealer. Just have them program them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No man, the remote start is installed on every 3.0t. You just need to enable it using CONSULT, which is just the programming fee. Don't let them sell you a kit that is already on your car.

You can get the key fobs online for a lot cheaper than the dealer. Just have them program them.

Do you have a link to a service bulletin or anything else making reference to the remote start already being installed on the car?

When I called the dealer I told them what you posted, and they told me I needed a kit. :confused:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went on InfinitiPartsDeal.com. If I properly understand the programing instructions,the Remote Engine Start Kit (T99K1 5CH0A) is basically a new key fob. Am I correct?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had the Remote Engine Start Kit (T99K1 5CH0A) "installed" (programmed). It was a new key fob which has the remote start icon. I could have bought the new key fob online for approximately $100.00 less. However, I did not want to get further caught in the middle, because I was concerned that the after-market installer may have modified my stock electronics/programming.

The dealer installed system works great. The aftermarket installer has yet to call me back with a "solution" after speaking with Viper/Compustar (as promised).

·
Super Moderator
2,033 Posts
I had the Remote Engine Start Kit (T99K1 5CH0A) "installed" (programmed). It was a new key fob which has the remote start icon. I could have bought the new key fob online for approximately $100.00 less. However, I did not want to get further caught in the middle, because I was concerned that the after-market installer may have modified my stock electronics/programming. The dealer installed system works great. .

Congrats!! :D

The aftermarket installer has yet to call me back with a "solution" after speaking with Viper/Compustar (as promised).
That is freakin hilarious

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi! I just purchased my 2019 Q60 but it doesn’t have remote start and everywhere I call says they can’t do i!! Any suggestions?? It’s a 3.0 so why can’t they do it?

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Hi! I just purchased my 2019 Q60 but it doesn’t have remote start and everywhere I call says they can’t do i!! Any suggestions?? It’s a 3.0 so why can’t they do it?
Buy a fob that has a remote start button. Have the dealership program the fob. Once the fob is programmed you can go into the settings menu and select "REMOTE ENGINE START".

Any Infiniti dealership can program the fob, apparently they don't realize it gives you the option of remote start once a remote start fob is programmed.

In what city did you purchase your car?

·
Registered
8 Posts
The car is from Benton Arkansas and I’m from Huntsville Al..everybody keeps telling me I have to do after market but even the aftermarket guy my Infiniti here in Huntsville recommended me to says he doesn’t know if he can do it.. I have called like 3 different Infiniti dealerships and asked for the service departments and they all said that if the car didn’t come with a remote start fob then it’s not programmed to do it

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
The car is from Benton Arkansas and I’m from Huntsville Al..everybody keeps telling me I have to do after market but even the aftermarket guy my Infiniti here in Huntsville recommended me to says he doesn’t know if he can do it.. I have called like 3 different Infiniti dealerships and asked for the service departments and they all said that if the car didn’t come with a remote start fob then it’s not programmed to do it
Did you check every post in this thread? One poster took his car to an aftermarket store and they couldn't get anything to work. Another bought a fob that has the remote start button, had the dealership program the fob which then gave him the option to select "remote start" in the settings menu on the lower touch screen.

It's the same programming procedure as if you lost both of the fobs that came with the car and you had to have a new one programmed. Just buy a new fob that has the remote start button like Red Sports have.

·
Registered
11 Posts
What SKU

What keyfob SKU is needed to work with the luxe? I see similar remotes, but I know not all are compatible between all models of INFINITI's

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Thanks for that information, somehow I didn't see that info above, and I appreciate you for not flaming me for it lol :D
I just did a search for the fob at parts.infinitiusa.com, got the part number, plugged that part number into google and found the instructions through another parts vendor.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts