Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the Q60 pictures on the infiniti site and noticed an oddly placed airbag tag on the side of the front passenger seat. Does that mean the airbag is going to come out from the seat? Aren't the airbag labels generally located on the source of the airbag?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thjose airbags are perfectly located to save your arm from slamming into the side of the door but I assume the stitching in that area is designed to give way easier than elsewhere on the seat. Think the reliability of the stitching in that area is reduced because of it?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Thjose airbags are perfectly located to save your arm from slamming into the side of the door but I assume the stitching in that area is designed to give way easier than elsewhere on the seat. Think the reliability of the stitching in that area is reduced because of it?
I think so.. iirc, my old jeep had them as well and that was the first place the stitching let loose on both passenger and driver seats. I was quite upset but it was getting old.

BUT I also used to be someone that hated airbags dearly, until I got into an accident and you're totally right, saved my arm from being thrown into the door. The B pillar airbag on the other hand... that one hurt quite a bit ...

·
Registered
500 Posts
Even you head too since you're that much farther away from touching the window, it's one of the most important parts of your body, having that be less vulnerable is always a plus.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think so.. iirc, my old jeep had them as well and that was the first place the stitching let loose on both passenger and driver seats. I was quite upset but it was getting old.

BUT I also used to be someone that hated airbags dearly, until I got into an accident and you're totally right, saved my arm from being thrown into the door. The B pillar airbag on the other hand... that one hurt quite a bit ...
I assume all airbags would hurt if you're thrown at them with enough force unless the b pillar airbag just hurts more than the others?

·
Registered
308 Posts
I assume all airbags would hurt if you're thrown at them with enough force unless the b pillar airbag just hurts more than the others?
That is definitely a valid point lol, but I'm not too sure if it was the way I was sitting, or my height, but when it went off, it like threw my head in the other direction, my hat went flying and everything. But my body was held back by the seat-belt so I endured some pretty serious neck injuries

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ouch, worst I ever got was a bit of neck pain from someone rear ending me. At least now I know those side airbags works.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Yupp, when I first seen airbags in the sides of seats I thought they were complete nonsense and pointless. My perspective has since been changed vastly

1 - 9 of 9 Posts