Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I haven't ran into this issue particularly but my padding is coming off on one side of the middle console. It looks like it was actually glued on.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
I'll have to check mine carefully. My car is garaged. On the rare sunny days I take the car to work I use a sunshade and car cover.

Reactions: 1701-64D

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Wow, that's kinda crazy. Wonder if humidity has anything to do with it? I haven't noticed anything with mine yet but I'll be paying close attention to it now.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, that's kinda crazy. Wonder if humidity has anything to do with it? I haven't noticed anything with mine yet but I'll be paying close attention to it now.
I think it might be heat related. Even though my car stays in a garage at home/work, it does so in Texas. I'm going in next week for my 20k oil change, so I'll have them take care of the vents and a few other small annoying issues.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
I think it might be heat related. Even though my car stays in a garage at home/work, it does so in Texas. I'm going in next week for my 20k oil change, so I'll have them take care of the vents and a few other small annoying issues.
Oh wow, 20k already? I'll cross 3k this week since I have to drive to Knoxville to get the front grille replaced. :)

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll have to check mine carefully. My car is garaged. On the rare sunny days I take the car to work I use a sunshade and car cover.
I use a sunshade any time it's parked outside, so it must just be from the heat. I just hope my service dept doesn't mess anything up fixing it. They've already damaged trim panels and a seat.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
I use a sunshade any time it's parked outside, so it must just be from the heat. I just hope my service dept doesn't mess anything up fixing it. They've already damaged trim panels and a seat.
Dang :(

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have a the same problem as well with the insulation popping out of the air vent grill. 4000 miles here and the summer heat has taken its toll. Will probably do what JoeRoke did and use an exacto knife.

Also another annoyance. After I purchased the car, they were wiping off the dust and scratched my lower info screen. Mind you that this screen is extremely sensitive and easily damaged.

They replaced the screen. A few days later, two vertical cracks on the sides magically appears all the way from top to bottom. They replaced this screen. A few days later one more crack that appeared which I didn't take in until its time for the next oil change. Also, be careful wiping down the areas that are not covered in the Infiniti carbon fiber mesh stuff. Those areas are sensitive to scratching too.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have a the same problem as well with the insulation popping out of the air vent grill. 4000 miles here and the summer heat has taken its toll. Will probably do what JoeRoke did and use an exacto knife.

Also another annoyance. After I purchased the car, they were wiping off the dust and scratched my lower info screen. Mind you that this screen is extremely sensitive and easily damaged.

They replaced the screen. A few days later, two vertical cracks on the sides magically appears all the way from top to bottom. They replaced this screen. A few days later one more crack that appeared which I didn't take in until its time for the next oil change. Also, be careful wiping down the areas that are not covered in the Infiniti carbon fiber mesh stuff. Those areas are sensitive to scratching too.
That sucks about your screens. I agree that the black piano finish scratches easily. I've had the little pocket door replaced twice already. It was scratched on delivery, and then they scratched the new one somehow during a service visit.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Maybe heat is causing the material that covers the dash to shrink which exposes that foam. Mine is okay right now. I'm going to make d-a-m-n sure I always use the sunshade when the car is parked outside.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Fixed

This ended up being an easy fix. My service department just removed the dash side access panels, removed the vents, replaced the felt, and put everything back together. I was afraid I'd cut the dash if I tried the exacto-knife method.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts