Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if it is possible to reduce the audible horn response to remote alarming and remote starting of Infiniti cars in general? I have a QX60 and have ordered a Q60 and am familiar with the sequence of push button strokes and the associated annoying horn noise. Traditionally the aftermarket alarm companies such as Viper have a separate horn and allow a variety of tones and volume choices to acknowledge the desired function. The aftermarket alarms also have two-way communication with the remote providing audible and visual acknowledgement. Infiniti security systems use a full out horn blast for the security and remote start function. The Infiniti designers appear unaware that full horn blasts might be disturbing to the rest of the world. It just doesn't seem appropriate for a $65K car. I have contacted Viper, but at this time they have no solution to over-riding the OEM integrated security systems.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You can mute for locking & unlocking where only the lights will flash. Sorry I forgot exactly where in the settings I found it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
There are multiple options to accommodate what you're asking.

I like to be able to use the lock button to chirp the horn and find the car in the parking lot, so I don't change the "Answer Back Horn" setting. Plus, if I walk away and realize 40 feet away that I didn't lock the car, I want the horn's confirmation when I click the keyfob button.

I prefer to lock the car with the button on the door handle if I want the car to lock in a more stealthy, quiet manner. If you lock that way, all you get is a double electronic chirp from the car.

If you really want to turn off the horn when you lock with the keyfob, do this:

Go to Settings => Vehicle and scroll down to "Answer Back Horn" and turn it off.

If you need to know how to do this on the QX60, PM me or post the question on that forum. Its in a different place on that vehicle (hint - center display).

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
You can mute for locking & unlocking where only the lights will flash. Sorry I forgot exactly where in the settings I found it.
They can be found in the owner's manual. There's even a sticky to access the manual online

1 - 4 of 4 Posts