·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
AND. . . . .according to the article, you do not have to have an active InTouch subscription. Hope this is true. Anyone tried it yet?

Infiniti Adds Amazon Alexa Skill to Select Vehicles - Motor Trend
"The Alexa skill does require owners to have an active subscription to Infiniti’s InTouch Services or Infiniti Connection to use along with a valid Owner Portal account."

Looks like it pretty plainly says you need an account in the article.. I've tried it and it works just about as fast as the app on mobile. But it's definitely easier to do while fumbling around the house getting dressed in the morning.

·
Registered
148 Posts
first thing I did when I got my car was to disable remote start

·
Registered
148 Posts
paranoia kept me alive till now :)
I am in software and know few things about security one of which is - anything that is not physically connected to other device is way easier hackable than hardwired devices. And I do not reprogram InTouch spy functions only because it will void the warranty, but I hate knowing that "they" know everything about my car movements.

P.S. To give you an idea - I do not have facebook, twitter and instagramm (though I codded for some), my birth date would not be posted on social media even if I had accounts, my friends are real and I talk to then on the phone...you get the picture - I am a dinosaur :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts