Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

All 3.0t owners oil capacity and mileage interval

Tags
q50 q60
10K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  IridiumRS400 
#1 ·
I work for an infiniti dealership for close to a year now for all 3.0t engines with our specific filter you need atleast 6 to 6.6 quarts of full syn oil and change your oil every 5,000 miles and use only a nissan oem filter or any filter that has a check valve at the bottom you can wait 7,500 miles but only in dry areas

#2 ·
My '17 Q60S AWD (Red Sport) is currently at 6 1/2 qts capacity, or 3/4 qt more than the original capacity specified in the owner's manual for an oil and filter change. I had purchased and installed the revised dipstick for a 1/2 qt capacity increase, used in the later Q50s & Q60s (since mid MY2019 to present). I also installed the larger capacity Nissan-branded oil filter, which is good for another 1/4 qt capacity increase.

As you know, the original (shorter) dipstick P/N for the '17 to mid-year '19 VR30 engines in the Q60 has been discontinued.

Another fun oil viscosity fact - the '17 Q60 owner's manual allows a 5W30 oil to be used instead of the 0W20. The MY2018 and up owner's manuals do not mention 5W30 as an alternate grade in the data table.

#3 ·
Hey Iridium, If the latest manual suggests 0W-20, why do you use 5W-30? Is it due to your climate, your tuning, or other reason? My Red Sport is not tuned but I plan on keeping it for years and so my baby only gets the highest recommended and best ingredients :cool:

#4 ·
I use 5W30 to account for the shear-down/loss of viscosity of the crankcase oil as a result of fuel dilution during the 5K mile OCI. It helps that my Q operates in the relatively benign temps of the PNW, and that my Q is garaged, so cold starts are typically made at 45-60 deg F, so I never worry about cold start oil flow.

#5 ·
Hey, Its been over a year that I bought my q60… I’m now finding out about this new vs old oil dipstick. Is it possible I have the old dipstick? I use Mobil 1 0w20 and the Mobil 1 extended performance oil filter… I add try adding about 5.7 liters of oil … what do yall think? I’m due for an oil change like right now … and going to be installing the z1 under shroud soon as well

#9 ·
Yup, get a new stick off eBay or pay list at the Infiniti dealership.,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.