Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings!

As many of you know, our Red Alpha project is well underway, cracking off some mid 10 second passes and serving as a test mule for future products for you guys. We recently posted up a thread on some of the facebook groups looking for premium/silver sport Q50/Q60's to calibrate before going full bore and offering remote tuning for those versions. Yes, they are very, very similar; but we wanted to work our magic on some local cars to ensure flawless operation for remote calibrations. A member of this forum reached out and inquired about this service, and after a few messages back and forth we had him scheduled in to make some power with his Q60 premium. The car was a 2017 Q60 premium edition, 11,000 miles young.

Below are some baseline dyno pulls.

Considering the car is rated at 300/295 from the factory, I would say those are some conservative figures based off our baseline pulls.

After securing some baseline data, the tuning began. A few revisions later and my calibrator was recommending a heat exchanger upgrade as the IAT's were taking minutes of driving to recover from a WOT pull.

After consulting the customer with the tuners findings, the OK was given to swap the stock heat exchanger for the Alpha unit.

And back on the Dyno it went for some touch up due to the new cooling capacity :nerd:

Final #'s!

Alpha 93 oct calibration and a heat exchanger to keep the ECU happy! This car was a monster all said and done! I wish we set up a dash cam for the owners first WOT pull after leaving the shop! >:)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey guys, this is my car and per what Chris said about the 1st WOT, the dash cam would have shown a huge smile plastered to my face and, if it had sound, a few excited expletives...

Chris and AMS were awesome to work with and I highly recommend them. This car is my daily driver and it has been a blast to drive. It has been mostly wet - rain and snow - for the past few days since I had the work done, but I've still managed to enjoy it.

I think it is drying up tomorrow, so I'm going to enjoy it a little more... So far I've been checking the coolant and oil temps and they have been perfect. I'll be doing a few runs possibly tomorrow to see what kind of 0-60 times I can get and see how the heat exchanger works.

I'll let you know. Again, I have to say that Chris and AMS were a pleasure to work with - no pressure, no upselling. Just answering questions and giving advice responsive to the questions. And what an awesome shop. Just walking through it is exciting seeing all the GTRs and a Lambo being worked on. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Nice! Def keep us updated on the 0-60. I wished I had the balls to be 1st on this tune. Congrats again and hopefully I’ll be joining you soon with my

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,388 Posts
Reactions: jcpg

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hey AMS, can you list the other mods that car have? Beside the tune and exchanger? Also are looking for Red Sport model for tunning?
Thanks,
Khris

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'm curious if their heat exchanger is recommended for Red Sport owners since that model comes with a bigger or better one than the silver sport equipped model. As soon as I can get my hands on their CAI I want to run their tune.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm curious if their heat exchanger is recommended for Red Sport owners since that model comes with a bigger or better one than the silver sport equipped model. As soon as I can get my hands on their CAI I want to run their tune.

Its the same heat exchanger, only difference is it has a extra pump

·
Registered
29 Posts
Jake at AMS just finished up this same tune on my wife's new Q60 Luxe. Very similar performance to the numbers posted above. Stock performance - MaxHP 291, MaxTQ 288. After the Red Alpha tune - an amazing MaxHP 412, MaxTQ 463. Thanks Chris & Jake! Can't wait to get this beast back to Pittsburgh.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Complete disclosure..... I learned from AMS that the stock performance numbers were generated with less than 93 octane gas. They noticed it when dyno'ing the calibrated ECU. I Ok'd the draining of the tank and adding a few gallons of 93 gas so they could make some real power. The final numbers are with 93 octane gas.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Complete disclosure..... I learned from AMS that the stock performance numbers were generated with less than 93 octane gas. They noticed it when dyno'ing the calibrated ECU. I Ok'd the draining of the tank and adding a few gallons of 93 gas so they could make some real power. The final numbers are with 93 octane gas.
The green is with 93 octane? Uh oh, if word gets out that 93 octane reduces torque output...

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,388 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
The green is with 93 octane? Uh oh, if word gets out that 93 octane reduces torque output...
My understanding is the red & green plots were the stock performance with less than 93 octane. After the calibration, Jake the tuner noticed the performance wasn't up to AMS standards and was confident it was because of the lower octane gas in the tank. After the tank was drained and 93 octane added he ran the dyno again and got the blue plot performance.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,388 Posts
My understanding is the red & green plots were the stock performance with less than 93 octane. After the calibration, Jake the tuner noticed the performance wasn't up to AMS standards and was confident it was because of the lower octane gas in the tank. After the tank was drained and 93 octane added he ran the dyno again and got the blue plot performance.
So you don't know how much was gained with 93?

·
Registered
29 Posts
No, I don't. The only feedback was the poor gas was neutering the performance and it was recommended the tank be drained and replaced with 93.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,388 Posts
No, I don't. The only feedback was the poor gas was neutering the performance and it was recommended the tank be drained and replaced with 93.
Wonder if the ECU could take advantage of race fuel?

1 - 20 of 107 Posts