Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
I think @falconetti is just trying to understand if you went with an upgraded pump and if yes what it entails. :)
Yes, sorry, @Mikesheree, nice numbers, I was told you had to upgrade the in tank pump with the AMS HPFP

#1 Did you find that this is true or did you install the pump without touching the in tank pump

#2 if you did the in tank, what did it entail?

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
I think you have been given bad info. raceworks.com.au has a very nice fuel pump flow
calculator ( psi, bar, liters, e85 or gas, forced induction or not) based on base fuel pressure, boost pressure and target HP. The flow I am getting clearly supports ~485 whp. This is without added
hardware. I’m sure I would need greater flow capacity to get up in the 600hp area but i ain’t going
there.

·
Registered
220 Posts
AMS provided me with the same information regarding requiring the need to upgrade the in-tank pump.

[...] but we offer a high pressure fuel pump for that. You will also need a walbro 485 low pressure pump [...]
I swear I remember reading a similar note regarding the required in-tank pump on the AMS INFINITI VR30 Red Alpha High Pressure Fuel Pump product page, but it does not seem to be there currently (too lazy to check archived versions).

Edit: my discussions were in regard to a full E85 build rather than simply adding the HPFP.

Reactions: falconetti

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
that could be for the e85 because at any given horsepower target, boost pressure and fuel pressure,
more liters per hour are required as opposed to gasoline. Perhaps i’ve gone about as far as i can with my current mods.
And, I just got this back from rev works and the red alpha tune is amazing. My experience is very limited with purposely made performance cars. After driving this today I am certain that i will never push this vehicle to it’s limit. I don’t have the experience or guts. But it is fun.

·
Registered
150 Posts
AMS provided me with the same information regarding requiring the need to upgrade the in-tank pump.

I swear I remember reading a similar note regarding the required in-tank pump on the AMS INFINITI VR30 Red Alpha High Pressure Fuel Pump product page, but it does not seem to be there currently (too lazy to check archived versions).

Edit: my discussions were in regard to a full E85 build rather than simply adding the HPFP.
E85 was also discussed and I had made it clear I did not want to run E85 but wanted the fuel pump. They said it would be needed. Looks like its not required to me with this info we have now.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Did they say what is the maximum power you can extract from the car before upgrading to the pump?
If you are asking me the answer is “no”. I have no idea and it was not mentioned. I am all done after the
AMS limited slip diff comes out! Seeing as I do not track my car at all I really have almost overdone it.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
If you mean me I’m not sure how to do that or what that really means. I am a complete Luddite when it comes to social media. I am just an old guy with lots of time on my hands getting a kick out of
doing what i couldn’t when i was a kid! And I just got an email from AMS about a coolant expansion tank they have for $300. Can’t hurt.

·
Super Moderator
2,101 Posts
If you mean me I’m not sure how to do that or what that really means. I am a complete Luddite when it comes to social media. I am just an old guy with lots of time on my hands getting a kick out of
doing what i couldn’t when i was a kid! And I just got an email from AMS about a coolant expansion tank they have for $300. Can’t hurt.
I meant anyone with a modified Q60. If you click on the link in my post, you can go to the thread and create your own post with your mods and results, dyno graphs, etc.

It helps us as we expand the capabilities of the Q60 platform to understand what it's capable off and what the limits of the platform are.

·
Registered
197 Posts
If you are asking me the answer is “no”. I have no idea and it was not mentioned. I am all done after the
AMS limited slip diff comes out! Seeing as I do not track my car at all I really have almost overdone it.
yes and thanks for some of the info from your post.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks for sharing your mods Mikesheree. Those are crazy performance numbers. Any idea what the total price tag will be when you are all done?

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Oh Lord, it has been lots. And, i did cosmetic stuff like top shelf professional ceramic nano coat, interior wood trim kit, Niche wheels.Lots of OEM carbon fiber, yada,yada. I am an older retired guy and i really do not keep track closely but it has to be in the neighborhood of $15000 and more is coming. And being an old non- gear head i first bought the Stillen heat exchanger and never used it when i heard about the AMS. Anyone want it? I also got the Stillen CAI’s and dumped them for the AMS. I did the whole Burger JB1/JB4 stuff and that stuff is now in my trunk. I was stupid and when i got new tires and wheels when car was new i just had them keep all that. But, i am/was out of my comfort zone. I have NEVER modded
a car at all. This has been an eye opener! The Red Alpha tune seems to offer me 4 driving options.
It is an app on the phone from ECUTEC (?) and i have:
1:Agressive red alpha tune
2:Not so agressive
3.Stock Red Sport ( but i had non-red sport)
4.Conservative
Really, to be honest, i will probably drive in mode #4 . But if i find encounters like i ran into
back in 1969 as a kid when some hot shot drop-out pulled up next to me at a light in his GTO and i had my mom’s 1965 Ford Galaxy 500 352 c.i., I will do things differently!

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Are y’all generally Ok with me here on this forum? I am clearly not a knowledgeable gear head and i don’t want to bother or bore anybody here with my posts. Won’t hurt my feelings. I need to learn.

·
Super Moderator
2,101 Posts
Are y’all generally Ok with me here on this forum? I am clearly not a knowledgeable gear head and i don’t want to bother or bore anybody here with my posts. Won’t hurt my feelings. I need to learn.
Post away Mike :D. I speak for all of us when I say we appreciate your posts and the information you're sharing.

Also, given all you've done to your Q60, I wouldn't say you were a "non-gear head" :D

·
Registered
150 Posts
This has been really go info. I guess you can stay. 0:)>:)

·
Registered
347 Posts
Mike, I recently picked up an 18' RS and have been just lurking on this forum gathering information. I finally registered just so I could thank you for sharing your build (and results) specifically because I have the Fi catted DP flagged as a potential solution however there is hardly any data on it. The additional labor on the install and cost OVER just the lower down-pipe (which I can do at home) has me apprehensive due to lack of information but clearly, based on your results it performs. Thanks for posting man!

Reactions: testrage

·
Registered
150 Posts
They charged me 4 hours more for the full DP’s than they would have with only the lowers.
Totally worth it. I did my own and hated every minute of it

41 - 60 of 88 Posts